Suicidal

Montie

Registered
Hello all.

Ive been away from these boards for some years now, and I thought I'd return to share my grief with you all.
I bought My Busa in April 99- UK model in black and grey.
I maintained dealer servicing for the first 2 years and then did all the servicing myself, giving it TLC.

I changed the oil with Castrol semi-synth every 3.5k and kept the bike prim and proper- as you would expect after spending 8.2k on a motorycycle.

Anyway, about 8 weeks ago, i was riding along when i here a funny buzzing- i thought it was my drive chain at first- it turns out that it was my cam chain. After 2 minutes my engine sounded like i had thrown 20 marbles into a mounelex blender.

After a while I had an idea to phone Suzuki UK to check and see whether the original cam chain tensioner recall work had been done.

The lady on the phone confirmed that the FIRST recall had been done- but not the SECOND!!??

Now, I never got a letter informing me of a second recall- and suzuki Uk say they sent one....

Why wouldnt I get recall work done? Because I really want my bike to explode!!

So a word of warning to everyone who hasnt had the the recall work done on earlier models- get it done- cause suzuki uks cust services are not helpful.

Montie!

That sucks man.
sad.gif

Ouch, I guess you did not have extended warranty right? Man that all out sucks though...

Been there done that! Sorry to hear someone else experiencing the same pain........

Hang on....so let me get this straight...you got a BentValve? Hahaha...I'm sorry I coudn't resist, BV. Anyway, that sucks....hope it all works out...

Back