Stop and take a deep breath

F=MA

Donating Member
Registered
I get a call from one of my employees yesterday. Gas station next door to the business is on fire.

Woman can't get coin operated vacumn to work. Goes into station and starts yelling at clerks behind counter.

Unsatisfied, she returns to her car gets in, and continues to act out her frustration. In the process, she backs into a gas pump, knocking it over into another car across the island...subsequently setting both cars on fire.

All this over being upset about losing fifty cents in a coin operated vacumn.

These gasoline dispensers are about $20k each, one innocent party vehicle destroyed, potential civil legal action over loss of business while repairs are made, potential criminal charges as well...and she's probably carrying state minimum liability insurance.

From time to time all of us experience things that irritate and frustrate us. Some don't have the wisdom to take a step back and put things into proper perspective before acting on our initial impulse.

Sometimes this lack of control carries a hefty price.

good food for thought,things can get outta hand pretty quick...that's why I don't sweat the small stuff:whistle:

I crashed the dirt bike yesterday, now it hurts to take a deep breath (along with other things).:laugh:

Yep, some folks take themselves, and their problems (50 cent vacuums), altogether too seriously.

Last edited:
Bwahahahahaha. Hahahahahaha. This is so crazy that it's hilarious. 50cents turns into thousands of dollars and a lawsuite. Folk really under pressure nowadays

So Many times, a lot of hassle, aggravation, time spent in courts, and the respect of friends and loved ones could be saved if ONLY.... Folks would simply take a breath, focus on the reality of the situation, and press on...

Seems appropriate given the Hawaii handgun brandishing...

I'm not looking down my nose with a sneer, don't get me wrong, I've dealt with my own control issues and temper, and after dealing with more than my fair share of hassle, lost friends etc... I've learned to focus, take a breath, and NOT act like a caffeine fueled two year old when things don't go my way.

Try it folks, excellent advice in the above posts about just taking a breath... It can safe time, money, hassle, respect, and maybe your life. :thumbsup:

Back