sprockets

nickxxxr

Registered
anyone using the jt sprockets have any complaints? looking to get a new sprocket 43t (+3). is it alright to get the cheaper jt compared to the supersprox or renthal? never heard of jt, hence the question. thansk for any input

thanks guys. just never heard of them or used them so i didnt know if they were even worth the money compared to others. i searched before and only got people who said they were running them. notreally any good or bad about them. thanks

I'm bit confused as to my rc component aftermarket rims in what sprockets i can and cant use. I have been under the impression that I couldnt run a steel sprocket with them due to the steel dont give like the aluminum sprocets and will tear up your rims...Is this true information and if not why?

I'm bit confused as to my rc component aftermarket rims in what sprockets i can and cant use. I have been under the impression that I couldnt run a steel sprocket with them due to the steel dont give like the aluminum sprocets and will tear up your rims...Is this true information and if not why?

Unless the wheel manufacturer says not to use them(I would certainly think that their hub would be strong enough), as long as the rear sprocket is bolted flushed to the rim and torqued properly, steel is fine. Steel sprockets are stronger, better for high hp applications, and they last longer than aluminum. The benefit of aluminum is lighter weight.
If your steel sprocket is properly installed(flush to the rim and torqued), and your chain is properly adjusted, the only thing that's going to give is traction, your tire.

JT Sprockets are like a stock replacement sprocket. Sunstar is another similar brand. Parts Unlimited even has a house brand.

Back