SPROCKET COMBINATIONS

STOCK motor?

Big Bore?

Turbo?

What mods do you have and what kind of Horse Power are you putting out?

I don't know about you but 10" over on a BUSA, wheelie bar and SLICK?
rock.gif
wow.gif

Seems like a little bit much don't you think?

16/42 seems to be the killer combo at the strip...atleast thats what I read EVERYWHERE... for a stock motor atleast...

for turbo maybe a bit higher 17/42 or 17/40 or so..

16/40 will give you a better ratio and longer wheel base. 16/42 would be better but it will wheelie a lot easier.

With your combo, you might need an Air Shifter to shift it FAST enough.

I did not list all of my mod.
yes it will have a air shifter with auto shift and two-step and probably a BD sidewinder. and it is SLAMMED but still 2" off the ground. working on the tailsection now. probably going with a 16- 50. am a big boy 5'10 240 lbs need to get into 9.80 . ill post pics when im finished. this bike is looking wicked.

kool.. lets see some pics!

my best last season was 9.68
this year's goal is 9.20's..... still all motor!
biggrin.gif

You should be able to run in the 9's but I would get rid of the slick & wheelie bar!

You should be able to launch it smooth and run those times. I would think you will break something popping the clutch with that set up.

Do you have a lot of experience with slick/wheelie bar bikes?

I ran two 9.9's stock when I weighed 200 lbs.

With 10" over, sticky tire, air-shifter, and gearing you should be in the 9's without a problem. If you pipe/PC, pair, and small box it you should be mid-high 9's even with your weight.

Just get your 60' in the 1.5-6 range and a low 4 in the 1/8 mile should get you 9's in the 1/4!
biggrin.gif

Have fun and be safe!

Josh
cool.gif

Back