Shrewd investments as world economy collapses [Covid-19]

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I'm not in a position to invest in anything ...but if I was...
What do you guys think? What are the hot commodities of the Post Covic Appocolyptical World going to be?
If we only could have had some advanced warning...
This might have been a good two-fold investment...Good Investment
Rubb some.

Anything in the energy industry and medical research will bound once everything gets going I think.

My good buddy is a financial advisor and he said his stocks have taken a literal beating he suggests it will be at least a year to two years for stocks to get back to building strongly again.

Weapons of warfare are a big ticket item to invest in . . .
but I guess that's already covered by certain corrupt individuals . . .

but seriously, physical gold is the safe bet.

considering that the economy, the money and the world goes to hell soon - I think gold is a very good investment. Obviously NOT to make money off it.
Then what are you going to do with the gold you buy when the world goes to hell? Essentially gold is useless for most basic purposes. Can't eat it, doesn't make very good shelters or tools, can't ride or drive it. It only has trade value to those who can do something with it, and if the economy goes completely to sh!t, nobody else will have a use for it either. That's what I meant by no intrinsic value.

Oil, not oil stocks but the actual commodity. Problem is you have to buy 1000 barrels at a time, need a broker who knows how to buy and sell it. When that contract is up you have to take receivership of those 1000 barrels so you need someone who knows how to buy and sell it properly so that you don't end up with a 1000 barrels of oil in your backyard hahaha. As you can see in the image there are many kinds of oil to buy. All come from different regions in the US and Canada. So if ya beleive gasoline will still be used in the near future it's a good investment. I use the Oil Price app. Quite handy.

If we all could predict the future........
To be honest. Real Estate has treated me better than anything else has. Personally I think there is going to be a lot of defaults in the coming months. I don't care what they say a 4 month halt will do, it's a band aid. We are going to see a hit on housing prices for about 3-6 months. Then less people will be able to get a mortgage for awhile

So if you can't buy actual real estate, I'd buy REITs. Not anything that is asset backed in AirBnB or VRBO. I'd buy REITs in multi family units or backed by Single Family Residential. More people than ever will have to rent for awhile longer than ever before.

We are in a little expansion phase right now.

I am not kidding here. We are adding a site in North Louisiana. Heavily dependent on oil for about 40% of it's economy. 2 months ago we looked at a building owned by an oil servicing company. They were asking $750K. Oil was at about $30ish a barrel. Before Covid hit it started falling. I gave them a stupidly low offer of 350K. They sneered. Covid hit. In the past 10 days another building next door went vacant. About the same asset. They offered it for what they owe on it. 275K. Went back to first building, and they are now offering that building to us for $250K. Almost begging us to now. So I said, I'll go 250K and you can carry the financing. (They own it outright). They asked me What Terms. I offered to buy it at 250 @ 3% for 10 years. That's half what banks are offering on commercial paper. They are actually acting like they are going to do it. I finally got the guy to talk over a personal call between us. He said they are selling everything they have to just to have enough for payroll til end of the summer. They have some contracts that are profitable. But not many and their customers are simply closing off the wells. They are less than 500 people. They won't make as a company with employees in 6 more months. They will service a few rigs for a few $$ and keep cash as long as they can.

They are telling employees to start looking now before they can't pay their mortgages soon.

I feel sort of bad for people losing all they worked for as employees. The management, Marty in particular, said they knew this day would come. He personally said he made a LOT of $$ over the past 10 years. He will just retire. But the other 485 people are gonna be in a squeeze.

I'd actually buy in larger oil companies and Delta Airlines. They will survive this. And when things rebound.....

But for me, I'm real estate.

Yeah, commercial real estate will be sold off for pennies on the pound if this recession turns as bad as they forecast it will.
But you will need a fair slice of capital to buy commercial property outright, and then you will be waiting years for the market and economy to bounce back . . it will be a long term investment for sure.

Then what are you going to do with the gold you buy when the world goes to hell? Essentially gold is useless for most basic purposes. Can't eat it, doesn't make very good shelters or tools, can't ride or drive it. It only has trade value to those who can do something with it, and if the economy goes completely to sh!t, nobody else will have a use for it either. That's what I meant by no intrinsic value.
I think they are hoping that when things get back to normal gold will resume its place with the other top things...oil,pork bellies,etc.
But I did learn the meaning of "intrinsic" and how to spell it. Thanks Bro.
Rubb.:thumbsup:

Invest in big pharma.... Bill Gates is poised to make a trillion dollars by pushing mandatory COVID-19 vaccines onto people worldwide.

Back