Shoei helmets

nxvette01

Registered
Can anyone tell me if the small and medium helmets are the same with just a cheek pad change. Or is the shells on these different. I'm about to buy one and the place does not accept returns. That's on the rf 1000 series.

i just checked a review at www.webbikeworld.com on that lid but no info on shell sizes. check the review though, good info.

good luck.
beerchug.gif

They make the diff sized pads to fine tune one sized lid to fit its best not to go from med-small.
Hope this helps!
Truth be known I didnt know the answer so I called a local shop.

well, this topic here is the money issue...I've seen major company do make a different size shells for it...even one size have different shapes to match the customers melon types...egg shapes and round etc.
but, other companies cut their corners this way to reduce cost of their products...

No, you would not be able to change the size. The shell may or may not be the same. but the main liner would be different. It is not removable on the RF1000. The X-11 main liner is removable/replaceable but the shells are different.

Well I've tried on a rf 1000 without the cheek pads and it fit fine around the top of my head. Not to small at all it fit as well as other brands did in medium. So I guess I'll buy the small . Thanks for all the help!
beerchug.gif

When I was in the market for a Lg shoei helmet, this was due to discontinued 06LE helmets. I was told by Shoei rep and a dealer that the Med./LG/X-Lg all have the same outer shell. So the cheeks pads are what you want to change for a good fitting. So they told me if I was to find a Med. or X-Lg helmet just get or order the Lg cheek pads and I would have my Lg helmet.

HayabusaHlmt.jpg

From what i understand you can change/swap sm w/ med and lg w/ xl but not med w/ lg...on the RF1000...but i do know this...the X-11 does in fact have individual shell sizes for each and every size except sm and x sm...those are the only two X-11's that share the same shell size.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back