Secure your Bike Tips

I've posted this once on Yosh old Hayabusa site,but I think it should be posted here.I work at nights sometimes and since I ride my motorcycle everyday to work I carry a 6ft 1/2" Krypto cable that has a loop on both ends which fits in the back trunk,"you put one end in first and coil the cable in and force the other end in",I also have a disc lock"bright orange type" and one 6 or 7" krypto U-loc and one motorcycle cover.When I get to work I loop the cable around a pole and run the U-Loc betwee the rear right side upper swing arm brace and also run the cable thur the rear wheel if I have enough length and secure the cable to the U-Loc.The front wheel gets the Disc lock and on the bike bag I have my last name painted on the bag with a very large Warning sticker which reads "INSURIED BY GLOCK" also have a picture of a gun on the sticker just in case the guy can't read English.Tried the alarm but no one pays any attention to the alarm unless you have one of those beeper alarms.I also carry a buck knife in case I see some theif trying to steal a bike and is putting it in a truck or van,I slash their tires.Anyways I hope this helps some one out there.Oh ya the cable,U-lock,Disk lock fits in the trunk and the bike bag I secure to the back seat"if your using one" via a nylon adjustable belt that is run thru under the seat and comes up and you fold your bag in a nice small square shape and snap the belt shut and adjust the belt to secure the bag.If you are using the hump you might need to cut the plastic under frame out to make your bike bag fit.I know when I had my TL-R the bike bag would fit in the Hump.I don't under stand way they did not design the Hump like the TL-R,maybe because of the complaints from alot of TL-R owners who had their hump pop off when hitting a bump in the road.Good luck

Cop161,thanks for the tip,As far as having a sticker on my bike bag with a gun picture,it would not matter bad guys will be bad guys no matter what you try to do.If they want your stuff no matter how much locks,guns,police you got they will get it.As for guns on the street my rule is if you own a gun learn how to shoot the thing,learn how to keep it safe from kids.It's no more different than and Idiot that does not know how to drive a car safely.No signal used when changing lanes or turning,use of cell phone while driving,reading a newspaper,putting on makeup.I've seen it all on our freeways in California.I do know that a thief will think twice about coming to a house or touching your stuff if he sees a warning ,"Beware of Dogs Or "Owner shoots first and ask questions later".As for Mr NRA person,they are fighting for the rights to bear arms and are law abiding people.You never hear the politician say Criminal control,it is always Gun Control.The way I look at life,if you take a life in a crime your life goes,no court case,no cost to the city/state/federal and no cost to the TAX payers.Use a Gun in a crime and Kill someone the victum's family gets to shoot you,plain and simple.But our country is built on money and the Justice system including Lawyers,cops needs money ,reduce the crime rate and you have to reduce the spending for cops,lawyers,court house,etc.Now with this gun control thing it will make normal people like you and me criminals with the guns we own now.If you look at the constitution it gives the People the right to Bear Arms,take that right away you should just burn the US Flag and burn the Constitution.No one should be denied the right to protect them self from harm and as far as assault weapons,semi auto guns has been around for years.Remember when they banned cheap Saturday Night special,it's just a name to give a gun to make it more criminal use in nature.Anyways my wife use to work for the Justice system and there is no difference than the outside.I don't flame anyone but without good facts,good teachers,good school systems we will not fix the mess that our country is in now.We should not blame the NRA for the mess these young kids are getting into with guns in this country,we should change the justice system that lets these kids and criminals out early to commit more crimes,Do away with criminals that kill people,reduce the spending on the Criminal system after we do away with the bad guys and spend more on the educational system of America.My $20.oo worth.Sorry Hayabusa members had to let this vent out.

1ST..DON'T ADVERTISE YOU HAVE A GUN. Cause Mr.Bad Guy Will make believe he's a Good guy asking directions,,or stating he has a Busa just like yours..and when you're nice and relaxed and think you made riding buddy,,He'll knock the living poop out of you when you've just taken the lock of your bike,,and you're not looking of course,,take your gun shove it up your Ass,,and kill you with and then take your bike.

I work the Streets I see things every Day. I'm not jumping all over you..But it is prety stupid to advertise to the whole world you have a Gun.

It's like the idiots with NRA stickers all over there pick-up trucks. The bad guy knows he has a Gun,,watches Mr.NRA leave his Home..Guess what..what house do you think he's gonna break into ???,,RIGHT..A house loaded with GUNS to Take..Then I have to worry about some Ass-hole with another Gun out in the Street..cause Tough guy NRA/Tough Guy Insured By Glock Got his Gun taken.

It's Better to have the Puke have a surprised look on his face when he tries to take your bike and Then you stick the Glock in his Eye.

Don't advertise your Firepower !!

Cop161 ® Ride Safe

Back