Sat on both 2008 busa and 2008 zx14 today

XLevarX

Registered
Well i just left from a Kawasaki dealer where they had a 2008 ZX14 Silver and let me say that the pictures just don't do it Justice, i was very impressed by the bike and sitting on it i have to say it felt lighter than it looked, i was really impressed.

Fast forward 20 minutes later at a Suzuki Dealer and the first thing in my line of sight a Blue/Gold 2008 Busa. The bike right away looked better than the Zx14 and upon sitting on it i must say, it felt more comfortable but it did not feel as light.

I'm now again torn, the Busa is for sale as is the Zx14, no deposit on either bike. Im here in St. Louis Mo just in case anyone ask. For the folks around her we don't have many dealers so it would be easy enough to find. I just don't know which one i'm gonna purchase here in the next few months. Decisions Decisions, i still have to find a home for my 2003 Yamaha R-6. I may just trade it in. Just wanted to share my story as i know there are folks whom have not laid eyes on either bike.

1st off Welcome, nice to see anothe Saint Louis rider. 2nd WHICH DEALER HAS 08!!!!! POST UP OR PM ME, I WANT TO SEE ONE IN PERSON. PLEASE SEND FAST SO I MAY DRIVE OUT TONIGHT OR TOMORROW AND LOOK. DON'T WORRY, CAN'T BUY IT RIGHT NOW, WIFE WOULD KILL ME....

Same here. Welcome to the site. I would love to see an 08 in person. I'm guessing it's West County Powersports, or Chesterfield Valley.
As far as your indecision, get the Busa. Much nicer of a bike.IMHO
beerchug.gif

ZX14 looks way better then fat ass 08 Busa.
Neither of them are beauty queens...I don't know what either company was thinking. Personally I think the first gen busa and ZX-12 were both better looking than the current bikes. But I do like the front of the new busa...and I like the fact that they color matched the grills on the 08 14's. And they're prolly gonna be equally fast...so as usual it'll come down to rider preference. Maybe someday a company will grow some balls, and actually put out a bike thats a true step up in power like the original busa
winkold.gif

Although from what I'm hearing that someday could be soon...and it could be a yamaha v-max tailight we're watching fade into the distance
wowold.gif
Now THAT would be a shame
crazy.gif

coolold.gif
Thanks for the review
beerchug.gif

How do you manage 3 bikes?? I can barely ride my 2 bikes often enough
sad.gif

West county powersports also had an 08 Busa last week, And an 08 Concours. Didnt see 08 zx14.

When I 1st set my eyes on a busa back in 1999 I said to myself what an ugly bike
but I was shocked at what the bike could do so I got one in 2000. The looks had to grow on me. Now the zx12. Uglier than the busa. The zx 14. Even more ugly. To me I was always impressed with the looks of the R1 but would never get one cause I'm a horsepower and torque junky. If it was my choice it would be easy. I'd get the busa.

Back