???'s on swingarms.

BusaHANG

Registered
Hey everyone i have a few questions about swingarms. I want to extend my tire not for looks but for varies reason (POWER). I would like to get a whole new swingarm set-up instead of just having to use extensions. But here are some questions maybe you guru's can answer with facts.

1.) Can i fit gsxr1k extended swingarm onto a GEN II? If so what years?

2.) How about GEN I swingarms? Can i fit those on my GEN II?

Im trying to save as much as possible until i have to just use extensions if thats the cheaper way out. I know there are places where they make it for GEN II's but my point of asking is to see if theres a better route other then having to ditch out a chunk load of money for a new one, which if all fails thats a possiblity just like the extensions. Thanks guys.

If you are on a budget have Spencer Cycle Extend your current arm...3" - 9" over we have used five of their weld up arms with 400 HP being the strongest amount of abuse without issue. For around $500 with shipping you will have a really great arm. I believe Doug Ray is a sponsor.

If you are on a budget have Spencer Cycle Extend your current arm...3" - 9" over we have used five of their weld up arms with 400 HP being the strongest amount of abuse without issue. For around $500 with shipping you will have a really great arm. I believe Doug Ray is a sponsor.

Thank you greg for the heads up. This here is exactly what im looking for, not for someone just to pop up and say hey i have this and this or such and such how bout you pm me what you want and we can work something out. So please If any vendor would like to comment on this thread i would appreciate if you guys can keep it to a minimum. Just a suggestion please. Thanks again and sorry i had to mention this it was just awkward when the first person to post was greg a "vendor", i was just expecting something else i guess. Anyways back on topic.

vendors and a few racers on here will have the best info when it comes to things like this.

what ive found out they can work but you gotta do alot of piecing together. the reason i got a gen 2 isnt to make it look like its piece by piece....

daniel at cloudnine has put a gen1 on a gen2 i believe... he said he had some offset bearing or something to that effect. then you gotta mount the brake system and spacer for the wheel either way.

Last edited:
I just use the swingarm extension I heard that they were good for up to 200 horses. Can anyone of you guys verify that.

If your on a budget look for a used gen2 arm. People are changing things up all the time. Adams performance was selling all of their used arms a little bit ago:beerchug:

I just use the swingarm extension I heard that they were good for up to 200 horses. Can anyone of you guys verify that.

Its that true then it might not work. As for what i got planned im going to be way over that HP.

Bolt-ons are good for at least that, probably more. Welded extensions are good for whatever, and cheaper than a new arm.....

I would like to offer a few points to consider...extensions have proven to hold up. There are modified stock arms and then the aftermarket customs. I bought a modded stock arm and I am happy with it. I can also appreciate the custom arm because it has a cleaner look down the rails, you can have an air tank built in, and other things such as a nos bottle bracket. Think where you will be at in a year or so...I did not want to spen 1K on am arm...also you still will need a longer chain, chain guard (or not), and brake line. I am not certain for all cases, but I was able to reuse my stock axel + nut.

The sponsors are very helpfull...just ask some questions. If you have time look for used parts...with the holidays around somebody may be moving up and selling some of their old parts.

I would like to offer a few points to consider...extensions have proven to hold up. There are modified stock arms and then the aftermarket customs. I bought a modded stock arm and I am happy with it. I can also appreciate the custom arm because it has a cleaner look down the rails, you can have an air tank built in, and other things such as a nos bottle bracket. Think where you will be at in a year or so...I did not want to spen 1K on am arm...also you still will need a longer chain, chain guard (or not), and brake line. I am not certain for all cases, but I was able to reuse my stock axel + nut.

The sponsors are very helpfull...just ask some questions. If you have time look for used parts...with the holidays around somebody may be moving up and selling some of their old parts.
I definately understand where your coming from, and yes i agree on not wanting to spend 1g on a swingarm. My main question is to see if for example GEN I's swingarm will fit GEN II's, if so it would make life alot easier considering there is a bigger market since its been out alot longer. Also to see if for example gsxr 1k swingarms would fit or not.

Most put 2001 GSX-R600 non braced arms on busas and extended them..Only problem Your going to have to figure out how to hold the caliper and switch the shock pivot..

allthingschrome sells a small bracket to hold the caliper hanger..

I have a few core arms for sale if you want to send it out to have extended along with the pivots..

look Up Canadian Mike for the extension part..Hes good at this!!

and yes gen 1 Busa arms fit but will have to deal with the hanger as mentioned above

2001 to 2004 GSXR arms along with the pivot will work also..

Last edited:
Back