Rotor Turning ?

oneclassic70

Registered
I dont know whether its possible or not or even advisable.. posting here for opinions since its late sat night and cant order one or get one shipped til monday anyhow.. tried to find topic by doing search but it sends me to google.. is there a way to find topics on here? I've tried the search button but got no where.. thanks in advance.. :beerchug:

i would get new ones..as you turn a rotor you are making it thinner...and braking would be effected,wouldnt be fun to have the brakes fade or go out when you want to stop...i would spend the money to make sure of 100% good braking

As far as I know you can't turn these rotors. Use to run $250 a side for front OEM

my friend who owns a garage with a full machine shop told me that trying to cut them on a conventional rotor turning machine would bust the teeth if it cought on one of the holes the wrong way. he did say that they could be machined on a flywheel machine. i would recommend dropping the coin on a new set and then you have no worries.

I don't think you could turn OE rotors. The buttons aren't removeable so there's no easy way to remove the rotors from the carrier.

Back