road gator

race1gun

Donating Member
Registered
comeing home last night on interstate dark as helll road gator streched out all the way across the lane i was on it before i could do anything ( iwas takein it easy speed limit no cars around just cruzin) the busa handled it very well just felt like a bump but i was wondering what would of happened if it were curled up and not laying flat will a road gator take you down !!!!!! has anyone here night rideing hit one of these? will it tangle up in the bike somehow?? hitting that one last night made my a h pucker perrty good and then got me to thinkin.

I imagine that if it got curled up and snagged somewhere it could take you down. I've hit things before and found that just riding through often times is the safest thing. (other than seeing it ahead of time and dodging it all together.

Kev

at first I thought "road grader"....? Out come may have been a bit different....what the heck is a road gator?

Glad that it didnt turn ugly!
...be safe bro
smile.gif

I'm with ya now. I had this picture in my mind ...coming around a corner and seeing teeth....big a** alligator bit my busa. lol....

Hopefully, he won't make that mistake twice! The simple idea of running into gators while riding doesn't sit too well with me!

I fear those too. That's why I try not to ride behind anything on an interstate.

After seeing all of the reports lately about gators in swimming pools, I was thinking the same thing. Gator laying on the highway. Must have been lucky to get over that at speed. But now I know. ten-four.

We had a guy hit one on his Harley last year on the way back from Sturgis . It ripped the front fender from one of the lower fork legs . He didnt go down but had to remove the fender to continue the trip home . He brought it by the shop and I couldnt believe he didnt hit the pavement after all the damage it caused .

Gator's aside, here's something else to watch out for. Yesterday I saw a large (20 ft+) ladder fly off the roof of a panel van traveling at 65 mph. Driver of the panel van actually sped up and kept on rolling down the interstate liked nothing happened. Luckily the ladder slid off onto the side of the road on its own but not before two cars hit it (probably causing plenty of damage) and nearly causing a multi-vehicle accident. Luckily I was able to ride around it.

Gator's aside, here's something else to watch out for.  Yesterday I saw a large (20 ft+) ladder fly off the roof of a panel van traveling at 65 mph.  Driver of the panel van actually sped up and kept on rolling down the interstate liked nothing happened.  Luckily the ladder slid off onto the side of the road on its own but not before two cars hit it (probably causing plenty of damage) and nearly causing a multi-vehicle accident.  Luckily I was able to ride around it.
That's why I always get around trucks with a bunch of crap in the back. I am always afraid part of their load will hit the road in front of me and being there are so many dumb ass cagers on the road I am suprized it does'ent happen more often.

Back