Reverse Glow Gauges

06limited1st

Registered
Yea, wrong section but didnt get ANY responses in the 'Appearance Mod' section soooooo....

I have some 225mph reverse glow gauges that Ive been wanting to install but I have no idea how...

When I took off the whole cluster I couldnt figure out how to get the old gauges off without cutting or ripping them, and even if I figure that out I dont know where all the wires go that came with it???

It has an adjustable switch where you can set it to blue or green reverse glow.. Anybody have some good advice or maybe a picture walk-through of the install?? Thanks a lot!!

Can you post up a picture of what you have?

If they're similar to others, you will NOT remove your existing gauges! You will remove the screws on the exisging gauge face and *carefully* slide the new faces under the needle and then screw them onto the old ones. The wires will have to be carefully routed behind the PCB and thru the 'felt-covered' breather holes in the back.

If you're skeptical at all, I would definitely do like NFS suggested and give Scott @ Bluegauges a call/email.

pickup the ground and hot right above your right turn signal.  Brown wire with connector.
thumb_up.gif

also go to extreme kempy and add this. might as well. you'll have the whole thing apart
whistling.gif

6200_HAY_GC_CHROME_3.jpg

Thanks for the advice, think Im just gonna pull it apart on Sunday and see if I can work it out.. Im a much better visual learner if anyone has some pics or more detailed instruction but I havent fouled anything up til now with the mods so we'll see soon

Just take the screws out off the old gauges and place the new ones on top of them . Put the screws back in , make sure the needles don't rub . ( sometimes they do on the short side of the needle ) If they do just take a razor and trin the needle on the bottom so it doesn't rub anymore . I've done this twice and its not as hard as you think. Since you got the 220 gauges You will probly have to cut off the needle stop on the MPH side . I did this on my first busa . I mounted the dimmer right on top of the gauge cluster with the tape they give you .

hjyk.JPG

Yea Ive attempted this before and the needle DOES rub.. And you just cut off the stopper on the MPH side?? How accurate is you MPH? Since it does go from 180 to 220

Just take the screws out off the old gauges and place the new ones on top of them . Put the screws back in , make sure the needles don't rub . ( sometimes they do on the short side of the needle ) If they do just take a razor and trin the needle on the bottom so it doesn't rub anymore . I've done this twice and its not as hard as you think. Since you got the 220 gauges You will probly have to cut off the needle stop on the MPH side . I did this on my first busa . I mounted the dimmer right on top of the gauge cluster with the tape they give you .

Sick cluster man :-) (perhaps stainless bolts? lol)

May I ask where you got your engraved main tree bolt cap? I love the kanji!

Looking at your gauges vs stock 180 ones. You are most likely going to need to buy a speedo healer. Believe they about $100 or so and you can make your speedo dead on with it. Stock speedo's are off from factory in most cases anyways. The speedo healer isn't something you would need to purchase right away. Can just pace a friend at various speed and just remember what your speedo is registering at the time.

Won't be to hard to install, just take time and don't try to force anything.

Good luck, is a great mod to do.

Looking at your gauges vs stock 180 ones. You are most likely going to need to buy a speedo healer. Believe they about $100 or so and you can make your speedo dead on with it. Stock speedo's are off from factory in most cases anyways. The speedo healer isn't something you would need to purchase right away. Can just pace a friend at various speed and just remember what your speedo is registering at the time.

Won't be to hard to install, just take time and don't try to force anything.

Good luck, is a great mod to do.

you're like 4 years l8 man

Back