Radio Controlled Helicopters

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
I was just wondering if anyone here is in to flying R/C Helicopters and if so what would you suggest for a starting point? I have wanted one for a long time and getting closer to buying one. Also what is the best way to learn to fly one without spending a lot on replacement parts?

All those radio controlled toys seem fun...And they get expensive also...They recently setup a area at one of our parks here where they can race the controlled boats...Those folks are having blast...
smile.gif

We use to fly some. As a matter of fact i still have one up a tree about 150 feet. First day my younger son was flying his whirly bird. Got away from us and just went up up and blam. It has been in the tree for about 8 years. Even the winds have not brought it down.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
My son now 18 says that he was very sad just watching his Dad ram his new toy in the tree.
eek2.gif

biggrin.gif

JWCFBD, I don't fly RC helicopters, but do fly RC planes so I have been around the helicopters some. The small airplanes I fly are pretty cheap, but the helicopters are expensive to buy and yea the guys I watch crash alot. They make a simulator called REAL FLIGHT GENERATION 2 that is excellent in learning to fly either a copter or plane. I think they are about $250 at TOWER HOBBIES. www.towerhobbies.com You may or may not want to try planes first but it also a great hobby.
GOOD LUCK

JWCFBD, I don't fly RC helicopters, but do fly RC planes so I have been around the helicopters some. The small airplanes I fly are pretty cheap, but the helicopters are expensive to buy and yea the guys I watch crash alot. They make a simulator called REAL FLIGHT GENERATION 2 that is excellent in learning to fly either a copter or plane. I think they are about $250 at TOWER HOBBIES. www.towerhobbies.com You may or may not want to try planes first but it also a great hobby.
             GOOD LUCK
I've been thinking about getting that program. It looks like a good one. Hey Mike how come you never climbed up the tree to get it down.
laugh.gif

Does one of those small rockets powered by water/air... you fill it up with water, hook it up to the pump thingy, pump the everlovin crap out of it, pull the lever, and it goes 150ft into the air squirting water,etc... count??
sarcasm.gif

Yea dood I just got into RC planes, been driving RC cars for years. I bought the Sky Skooter Pro from towerhobbies.com, it's an awesome trainer plane, it's practically bulletproof!

Mike

Does one of those small rockets powered by water/air... you fill it up with water, hook it up to the pump thingy, pump the everlovin crap out of it, pull the lever, and it goes 150ft into the air squirting water,etc... count??  
sarcasm.gif
I love those things
laugh.gif

sarcasm.gif
I love those things
laugh.gif
the one I had as a kid only lasted twice.... dang thing hit the pavement and that was that... ( this was over 25 years ago... now I saw my neighbor's kid playing with one just last summer.. with a sort nerf nose piece on it... only took them 20 some odd years to come up with that one! )
withstupid.gif

Back