Puncture repair kit - what are you using?

caspernz

Registered
Hey guys, my puncture repair kit is in need of replacement and I'm doing some looking around for a good set to slip under the seat on my Busa. I've been carrying a sticky string type of repair kit for yonks now, only ever used it on someone elses bike too, and now the stringy glue is going hard.

So I looked and saw Pashnit selling something called Stop N Go if I recall correctly? The mushroom plug thingee screwed thru the puncture with help of a tool...seems to me to be the most sensible road side fix. Does anyone know of a better road side solution than this kit? Short of having a support crew follow me around...:laugh:

Dont worry about punctures anymore, I use rideon. Balances tire as well...

BB

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same kit from Pashnit. Fortunately I've yet to have to use a plug, but the air compressor works great.
The compressor plugs into the pigtail for the battery tender.
Pashnit has also used the plugs on his tours, he stands behind what he sells.

You may want to look into the gen2 trunk mod also, it'll give you the space you need under the seat for a lot of things.

Casp - many years of experience in patching tires with the Stop & Go tire repair kits, and yes ship to NZ anytime. Order up.

Nearly 100 pics of us patching tires in roadside repairs:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pashnit/sets/72157630659859264/

8718267169_06703951f1_b.jpg

8718287993_a3a90c1e5c_b.jpg

Still the most impressive flat we've patched yet. Day 1 of a 3 day ride.

8718287963_1baca93c1e_b.jpg

Make sure to get the one with four Co2 cartridges. It's still a small pack. And I second Sixpacks suggestion on the trunk mod. How'd you like to fit a gallon of milk under your seat? :)

thanks for this post, I am going to look into the stop N go kit. My friend and I put in 600 miles over the weekend and I did think to myself how screwed we would be "literally" if one of us picked up something in a tire.

+1 on the Stop and Go from Pashnit...never had to use it yet but it's good to know it's with me when i'm in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night :beerchug:

I to have the pashnit kit, have only gotten a flat once in the 5 years I have had the bike, worked as expected. Ride On seems like a good idea but a not very cost effective. Every time a tire wears out you have buy Ride On again.

Make sure to get the one with four Co2 cartridges. It's still a small pack. And I second Sixpacks suggestion on the trunk mod. How'd you like to fit a gallon of milk under your seat? :)

Yeah the trunk mod I thought about, but I don't need the extra space under the seat. Good to see some go that way with help of those who have done it! Oh, and have always carried extra CO2 canisters with my kit already, but thanks for pointing this out :thumbsup:

thanks for this post, I am going to look into the stop N go kit. My friend and I put in 600 miles over the weekend and I did think to myself how screwed we would be "literally" if one of us picked up something in a tire.

Yeah well, for me it's kinda funny since I've had the sticky string (or dog turd) patch kit for years and only ever used it on a buddys' bike. I just like to be prepared...

+1 on the Stop and Go from Pashnit...never had to use it yet but it's good to know it's with me when i'm in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night :beerchug:

My logic is the same as yours!

I to have the pashnit kit, have only gotten a flat once in the 5 years I have had the bike, worked as expected.

Good to hear, and for me it's only ever intended as a "get me to a place of help" kinda deal, instead of just leaving it in there until the tyre is shot...

Ride On seems like a good idea but a not very cost effective. Every time a tire wears out you have buy Ride On again.

Yes I've seen and looked at various liquids that patch as I ride so to speak...good and bad in a way...

Mmmm, not entirely sold on this approach...

Back