Price on New Hayabusa

I paid $9499.00 for my red and grey, they wanted more for the blue and silver.
After tax, tag and crap like prep and stuff, $10,522 out the door.

I've seen post about price before but can't seem to locate them...Anyhow what is the best price you guys have seen on a new 2000 Hayabusa???? (Looking to buy a 2nd one)

Being in Canada with our dollar sucks.... I paid 14,000 out the door....

[This message has been edited by adowell (edited 11 July 2000).]

Lofty, you did pretty good.
Real numbers anyway, not the BS you sometimes hear.
Just out of curiosity, was that cash, or financed?

In Sweden we pay 129.900 SEK for the 2000 Busa'....

That translates nicely to cirka $14.500....(we have 25% sales tax)...

"Born free, taxed to death!"

That was cash, but the dealer said he could have gone less if I financed through them. I guess they like the interest of your loan.
What I saved in interest by paying cash more than made up for what I might have saved.

I got mine through Powersports in Ft Lauderdale.

Why buy a new one? I was surprised to see so many used Busas for sale with low miles on them when I was looking. I saw a couple of used 99s with 1600-3000 miles on them for $9000-$9500.

I bought a 99 with 2700 miles and a couple of aftermarket goodies on it for $9300 from a dealer. The only reason I bought from the dealer was so I could trade my other bike and get it off my hands quickly (I was hot to buy).

Meanwhile, the dealer wanted $11,000 out the door for a new 00.

Cash is definitely the way to go, if you have it. Last time I bought a new bike, I had just left the Navy, and had a wad of cash I saved up. Brand new GS1100E, with money left over. That cash I saved has worked for me for almost 20 years, a good investment.

I got the Busa by more of the "white trash" method, put $800 cash on it and borrowed $8000 on my visa card, low introductory apr. By the time the interest rate jumped, I had the balance down to less than
$5000. It is now at 12.9%, which is not exactly low, but less than the bank or Suzuki would have been charging me. I might go for another low introductory apr offer, on part of what I have left, just to chase the low rate. Should have it totally paid for in less than 12 months.

In Singapore I Paid $ 24k (USD $14k)

you think that's bad - try buying a car in SIngapore (Toyota Corolla - $60k - yes - $60k) most expensive place on the planet for vehicles.
Chicks are good though!!! :)

well Singaporebusa, that was dirt cheap. I was from Taiwan where any bike bigger than 150cc is prohibited. I heard that by the end of this year the market should be open while Taiwan join the WTO.

Back