Pm wheels/chrome peeling

billyerds01

Registered
I have a pair of Gatlin PM wheels. The hub is peeling on the front wheel.

Anyone experience problems with this company/wheel before?

That is NOT an everyday problem? How old are they, and did you buy them new or used? IF you bought them new, contact PM directly. They have excellent customer service :thumbsup:

They do have good customer service. Could the damage have been done when you had the tires mounted?

I barley ride the bike. I clean the Whole bike including wheels 30mins before riding and 30mins after. I bought the bike from someone a year ago. Brake dust is cleaned immediately after EVERY ride. I saw it starting to bubble last season. Took it out the other day to clean and a 2" piece of chrome came peeling off.

Pm told me they have a 2 year warranty but as I said I bought the bike from someone else a year ago. They also told me the hub can be chromed seperately for about $350.
Maybe this is an isolated issue but I would never buy them considering.

Just a pic to show you how clean I keep the bike.

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

dont know how is happened. It started to bubble then when I was cleaning the wheels for the first time this year I forgot and rubbed a 2" piece of chrome off. I wonder if they would do good by it or tell me to send them the hub for 350. Wonder if anyone else has had a problem with PM wheels?

Have several friends with PM wheels and none have this problem. You may just have a bad spot on the wheel that wasn't prepped right.

might talk to our site sponsor jonreed from sportchrome. he might should be able to get you right.

as with anything....chrome plating can be defective, it happens. it does not neccessarily mean PM or any shop is doing sub-standard work.

Back