Ohlins rear shock purchased!!

Earthdog

Registered
Hi all!

I just bought my beauty Akrapovic Full system plus Ohlins rear suspension model su841...
i try to search the forum about any info but i didn't find anything regarding..some hints and tips about it..

any help to start with??

<!--EDIT|Earthdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078919045 -->

Hi all!

I just bought my beauty Akrapovic Full system plus Ohlins rear suspension model su841...
i try to search the forum about any info but i didn't find anything regarding..some hints and tips about it..

any help to start with??
Ohlins is the best shock -- I'm assuming that's the right model, but I don't know. If you want to get a different spring for your weight/riding style, may I suggest Stig Peterson at ppsracing.com -- he'll probably swap you for the stocker.

Installing a replacement shock is not exactly trivial, but it won't kill you if you're used to doing your own wrenching (I wouldn't do it, personally -- I don't have a good work area). Check the service manual online here -- see sticky message.

Your ride and road holding will definitely improve, but the stock suspension isn't all that bad once it's set up correctly.
The little Ohlins manual that comes with the shock should be on the money for setting up preload, damping, etc.

Oh, and no matter what, KEEP THE C-WRENCH that they gave you somewhere on the bike (rather, that they should have given you). It's very useful, and even works well on the stocker's preload collars.

Hi all!

any help to start with??
set it up by the manual and ride it like you stole it!!! nice purchase

Nice, if you change your mind on using it, pm me, Ill buy it.
smile.gif

My advice? Package it all up and I'll PM you with my shipping address!
biggrin.gif

Ya, I'm a smart-a$$, but to know me is to love me... really.. I tell people that all the time!
laugh.gif

Back