'O girl is getting fat.

My 08 stock weighed in at 585lbs. After a full Yoshi R77 system and other mods. It was down to 548lbs. full of all fluids!

what is BNG?

Bold New Graphics! :rofl:

And she did change a little... Remember the early Busas (99-00 I think?) had aluminum subframes. The change to steel had to add a some.

Last edited:
The gen 2s gained weight from the exhaust system mainly... 2 cats and the huge exhaust cans (Emissions Standards got stricter) over the Gen 1s smaller muffler and no cats. Also Chattanoogabusa is right. The early Gen 1s had aluminum sub frames..... then Suzuki add steal ones due to problems cracking at welds!

Last edited:
I got my bike down tremendously by losing almost 60 lbs, down to 150lbs. Yep, I stopped eating junk food and working out, lost the weight in 4 months.

Thats one way to help your accleration numbers :whistle:

Interesting, by comparison, My TL1000R NEVER saw 47 mpg even coasting down hill :laugh: . And looking at the Busa mileage, my 06 always returns from 42 to 45 mpg while touring (and that's at 65 to 80 mph) on a combo of Interstate and Two Lane :beerchug:

I ...Yep, I stopped eating junk food and working out....

So you stopped eating junk food AND working out? lol.. just teasin ya.. I am guessing you meant and started working out.

Interesting, by comparison, My TL1000R NEVER saw 47 mpg even coasting down hill :laugh: . And looking at the Busa mileage, my 06 always returns from 42 to 45 mpg while touring (and that's at 65 to 80 mph) on a combo of Interstate and Two Lane :beerchug:

I think my dash tells me I'm between 36 and 39 usually. Well 'til recently.. Now I think I do 32 because I stay in lower gears which will bring up my next thread.. lol

Back