new exhaust/installation.......

BusaHaya402

Registered
hey yall im going to buy a slipon pipe soon (not the full system) for my 05....im not sure which brand yet, but i know it will be only one can......how much can i expect to pay (or where can i go to look at prices -- not EBAY)...........but mainly how difficult is it for my bike shop to make the dual cans into one, do they need to go to the headers and remove the piping leading to the left side can or what? cuz that would be lots of labor....... basically, how many hours labor roughly do you think it should cost me to put one slipon pipe on?? thanks for the advice/replies.......

well lots of things to consider never heard of some one doing this but i supose its possible just dont know how it would run afterwards. i would almost bet cost would be more than buying a full system
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119884064 -->

ok say i buy a full system, single pipe.......considering they hafta go to the headers and all, roughly how many hours of labor am i lookin at?

well dont have much knowlage in this area i liked the duel look so i just went with bolt ons im sure some one will be along soon that has the answers your loking for
wink.gif

Dude, you'll get molested at a dealer if you let them do your system....an afternoon and basic hand tools will save you hundreds.....

ok say i buy a full system, single pipe.......considering they hafta go to the headers and all, roughly how many hours of labor am i lookin at?
If you are going full system, I suggest you do it yourself if you have some basic tech knowledge about bike. I would say if you can remove your fairing... and change your oil filters yourself... you should be able to change the exhaust system also. If I consider that you have never done this sorta thing before... then I assume that it should take you no more than 5-6 hours! If a trained mechanic does it... then it would all be over in about 2 hours... full exhaust change + PAIR removal.

It took me 3 hours to change mine. Taking off exhaust, unbolting and moving, and pulling off pair valve and adding blocks. That is with a break to go get more coffee. It isn't hard, it was the first time I had ever pulled the exhaust. All you need are basic tools.

Basic tools and small hands are great for the install. If you do it yourself then remember to unbolt and tie back the oil cooler to keep it out of the way. The blades on the radiator are sharp and will cut you if you dont watch it, I covered it with ducktape to save my knuckles

Back