New 2012 LE Hayabusa

SirDeity

Registered
Hello, everyone!

I'm buying a new 2012 Hayabusa. It might be a limited edition candy red depending on which dealer I go with. If not the LE then black. Either way I'm starting with the standard suzuki carbon fiber accessories. I'll probably want to customize it a bit overtime on my own though. Any ideas? Some of you might think this is stupid but I've always wanted a flame exhuast kit. Call me old fashioned. I'd like a little blue or dark red flame, maybe something like this:

kit on bike 1 - YouTube[/url]

Will look around to see if there is any fire resistance clear coating I can put on the bike near the flame kit if I get one. Anyone have any kits to recommend? Also thinking of getting cool lights for the bottom. Anyway, I'll post pictures before and after if anyone is interested... and maybe some videos in the future as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
:welcome:to the org, but why have the flame shoot out all the time? u know if u play with the throttle with any aftermarket pipes u will get a flame when u want to?

Get the candy red.....awesome color :thumbsup: I showed my wife the vid of the flaming exhaust, who's also my passenger, and she said h3ll no on any bike shes on lol. I still like the flames..........

Welcome!! Make sure you post pics of whatever you get!! And it's gonna be your ride if you like flames do it!!! Not my taste but I like the thought of them in traffic!!!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

:welcome:to the org, but why have the flame shoot out all the time? u know if u play with the throttle with any aftermarket pipes u will get a flame when u want to?

I wasn't thinking of having flames shooting out all the time... only on command. Most kits currently out there are momentary push button activated. I have never seen flames on command on a sports motorcycle before in real life though. I was unaware aftermarket pipes would produce flames. I'll have to read up on that. Thanks for the idea!

I haven't done any research on this yet, but do any of you have any suggestions for some better traction tires? I imagine stock tires probably aren't the best. Up here in Maine the roads can get very dirty. I almost laid my old Suzuki Katana GSX-F 750 down going around a corner with a thick patch of dirt. I'd be willing to trade a little acceleration for some better traction tires.

You'll probably want some type of exhaust mod. I have carbon fiber Yoshimura bolt-ons, but left in the baffles. Deeper sound but quiet in the city. Double-bubble windscreen in a nice addition. Custom, lowered seat is a good one. Tiger Racing makes a nice aluminum storage compartment for the hump. GPS is good to have, and many companies make stem mounts.

Back