Need HID's for an 08

Color chart taken from DDM's site.....
Numbers on the top are in Kelvin (K)
Other axis is bulb wattage

hid-bulb-color-chart-color-guide.jpg

Last edited:
um wrong, the higher the # the more blue it is, 4300k is pure white and what comes OE on cars. 4300-5000 is the whitest and most light output. 3000 is yellow and 5000+ is getting more blue.

4300k is actually the closest to sunlight, it's a white-ish yellow. 5000 is pure white.

Well per DDM's website all 35w bulbs are on backorder until the 26th. But they don't say if that's this month or next month :dunno:
I understand its also near impossible to get anyone to answer the phone there.

Do most ppl go with 35w bulbs? How about a 55w for hi and 35w low? I know they pull less power so shouldn't put a strain on the electrial system.

Do most ppl go with 35w bulbs? How about a 55w for hi and 35w low? I know they pull less power so shouldn't put a strain on the electrial system.

35w and 6k is what most peeps go with.. There are stoies of the 55w messing with gauges.. :dunno:

I have had 10k way to blue switched to a 6k alot better. Currently running a 5k in order to match my switch backs.. Like the 5k the best overall.. :thumbsup:

this is just my .02 cents

Well per DDM's website all 35w bulbs are on backorder until the 26th. But they don't say if that's this month or next month :dunno:
I understand its also near impossible to get anyone to answer the phone there.

It's this month, hopefully I will have mine by next week.

Tried, he must be out of stock. Ordered a Xenon slim set. 6K low and high beam.

Back