Need help/Suggestions

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, here it goes.. I was at the strip Tuesday night and while waiting in line to stage the last of the cars were runnin' and I was next up to stage with the bikes.

Anyway, last car up was a mexican car (rotary powered Toyota Starlet that was runnin' 7's or so.) While his burnout and stage I heard a really loud metallic "Plunk" from my bike. I got off and did a visual inspection and couldn't find anything. Lost my concentration anyway and blew my run.

The next day Im cleaning the bike and I find a big a$$ ding on my swingarm. See Pic.

DSC00621.JPG

Seems like something shot from the wheel of that car. What I need to know is anyone here with a hugger could tell me if it will cover this ding? I really don't want to change my arm, It'll be the second time if I do. I would almost consider drilling a hole just to hide the ding. Anyway it'll probably look like sh!t either way. Any suggestions would be appriciated. I really am not a huge fan of a hugger/rear fender but I don't know how else to cover this up. I can't stand looking at it.

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131763565 -->

DSC00623.JPG

glad whatever it was didn't hit your leg looks to me like.

I doubt there is anything to be done... other than maybe stay a bit further back, and to the side.

I wouldn't think it would hurt anything though.

I wouldn't drill a hole .. that looks like a bad place for a hole as far as strength, and rigidity are concerned.

I would put metal sticker with rivets, kinda one on exhaus can.
Or maybe it`s just time for new swingarm..
smile.gif

BTW
Your pipe and rearsets looks awesome...

I wouldn't drill a hole .. that looks like a bad place for a hole as far as strength, and rigidity are concerned.
Dude, I can't stand to look at it. I know it's a battle would blah, blah, but I keep this thing spotless. I guess my OCD is shining right through this post..

Oh yea don't mind the strip. New tire mounted and off to the track. Barley scrubbed in.

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131763760 -->

You can buy real carbon fiber sticky on E-bay.
Thin like paper... Hold on I will find it in a minute

I understand... Think abour something functional you can put there...
Go get stainless brake line and reroute it there...

Ok, here it goes.. I was at the strip Tuesday night and while waiting in line to stage the last of the cars were runnin' and I was next up to stage with the bikes.

Anyway, last car up was a mexican car (rotary powered Toyota Starlet that was runnin' 7's or so.) While his burnout and stage I heard a really loud metallic "Plunk" from my bike. I got off and did a visual inspection and couldn't find anything. Lost my concentration anyway and blew my run.

The next day Im cleaning the bike and I find a big a$$ ding on my swingarm. See Pic.
The hugger I have will cover it.  You'll have to use your imagination, because I don't have a photo from that side.  Basically my hugger wraps around that part of the swing arm and on the other side (shown) it bolts where the chainguard was.

hug1.jpg

same hugger model, different bike, different angle.

I can't remember who makes these, but I got it from a local place here called Bikes2NV. Go to Bikes2NV.com and you can get their tele if you are interested. There's a couple differen't huggers for the Busa, just try to describe the one from Canada that wraps around the swingarm and requires no drilling.

Good luck.

hug3.jpg

You'll always know it's there, even if you cover it with the coolest doo-dad ever. Grab an undented swingarm off of Ebay or go for an extended. I just found a company that makes a sweet loolking 2-6 over fully polished for 425.00. Your bike looks to clean for cover ups.

Back