NEED HELP  KANJI LOGO COPYRIGHT

Tybalt71

Registered
I am doing an assighment for my marketing course and of course i choose the Hayabusa, does suzuki own the rights to the kanji logo? what proof do u have?, i see all kinds of things reproduced with this logo?, cups , t-shirts, end caps, bar-ends etc... even forums using the logo? do u have to have permission from suzuki corp to reproduce the logo? please just donr state your opinion, i need proof, a link or right up that suzuki indeed uses the logo and owns it? -txs for your time
beerchug.gif

Just in case folks here on the board aren't sure (which I'm not), you can certainly contact Suzuki directly.  All contact details can be found in this thread:

beerchug.gif

Yes and No.

The easier one is the no. Language is considered a natural part of the public record and so no one can copyright it. In fact, you cannot copyright any language.

http://www.talossan-language.com/copyright.html - granted it's not the best source, but it's a start for you.

As for the "Suzuki Kanji" yes, it is a copyright. It's the stylization of the Kanzi that they copyrighted, not the Kanji itself. So you can still use the Kanji, but you can't used the sweeping look that they "invented".

Now since I can't provide you the link, and I am really not interested in doing anymore of your college work (and god forgive you if you are seeking a masters or above). Email privacy@suzuki.com and ask them for more documentation, I am sure that those guys are bored stiff and would be more than happy to stock your place with dead trees telling you why you can't use it. If that fails and you are really brave, I would hit up Scott Woodruff at bluegauges.com and see why he can't sell them anymore.

Back