Mountain Bike Pics

dlrumbl

Registered
* 2003 Santa Cruz Chameleon *  

The ultimate Urban Ride.  Shame it doesn't have a motor!

Fox Forx 5" travel fork. (adjustable)
Chris King F & R Hubset (love that buzzz)
Fully Hydraulic Brakeset rubbing against a 6" rotor (modulation)
Other goodies by thomson, easton, atomic laboratories, odi, and shimano..............

Oh did I mention it was blessed with wonderful geometry that allows you to just pull the front end up and leave it there for hours!!

P9260045.jpg

another...

It's pedal power but it passes the time while the money savings account piles up for that shiny new BUSA !!!!

Lee

P9260041.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, I've been out of mountain biking a LONG time. What's the purpose of rotor brakes on a bicycle? My old straight pull rim grabbers would lock up either tire regardless of what speed I was going, including endo-ing my ass onto the dirt. It can't weight any less, especially the hydraulic units. Is it just 'trick'? I've seen hydraulic rim brakes too!?

Fill me in!

Purpose for Hydraulic Brakes:

Simply put: MODULATION

No rim brake can give you the amount of pull power that a hydraulic brake can. Plus with all that power you have nothing if you are not able to control it. That is where the modulation part comes in. I am able to run in full speed a ride a stoppie for a good 30ft. with just the slightest pulling power. On that same note I also can snap it to a fully locked up status as well.

The weight is about the same as a top of the line rim brake too. These are some of the lightest Disc brakes money can buy. They are great and do their job well.

Plus, have you ever tried to ride rim brakes in the rain. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!! Disc never have that problem, no matter the weather condition.

Lee

ps - and the hydraulic rim brakes. Nothing in the world stops like those and some tar on your rims, but it is overkill unless you ride pure trials !!!!!!!!!!

ive been mountain biking a while and have a high end fuji hardtail and a proflex with carbon rear frame with noleen gas shock 4", marzocchi 4" bomber ,race face crank ,xtr gear and other goodies. i KNOW that bike youve got cost bank! very sweet.

Your right !

About $2300 all together.  *Ouch*  

It sure does ride nice and get all the looks.

That would have helped out the "Busa Fund" quite a bit though, but hey what can you do, ~  I love the sport...

oh, and thanks for the compliment!

<!--EDIT|dlrumbl
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072299225 -->

Back