motor kills from neutral

bpupeza

Registered
I just picked up an 02 busa.  Its just a tiny bit nicer than the 78 kz 650 I had before.  
My problem is that When I start it and shift into gear the engine dies.  Any suggestions?
 Also I didnt get an owners manual.  I already downloaded the service manual. I need a download of the owners manual.

I just picked up an 02 busa.  Its just a tiny bit nicer than the 78 kz 650 I had before.  
My problem is that When I start it and shift into gear the engine dies.  Any suggestions?
 Also I didnt get an owners manual.  I already downloaded the service manual. I need a download of the owners manual.
does the lurch forward like clutch is not disengaging. If not that what do you idle at. and is the bike warmed up

does the lurch forward like clutch is not disengaging.  If not that what do you idle at. and is the bike warmed up
Might also want to check the kickstand...... (and switch)

It does it at start up either cold or today I went for a ride and than it sat for about 45 minutes I start it up and it did it again. It sound like it just need to warm up more by what you are saying?

So there is a safety switch connected to the kick stand I'll try to observe these items better tommorrow and get back

Thanks

It does it at start up either cold or today I went for a ride and than it sat for about 45 minutes I start it up and it did it again.  It sound like it just need to warm up more by what you are saying?

So there is a safety switch connected to the kick stand I'll try to observe these items better tommorrow and get back

Thanks
There is a sensor that lets the bike know when the kickstand is down. I would do like the others suggested and check the idle setting and then see if the clutch slips.

Thanks fellas,
It was the kickstand. What a relief.
I love this bike it sounds like a turbine or something. I cant wait to get up in the morning to go to work.

Back