Michelin Pilots

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Pilots ARE available in a race compound in 190/50/17

Pilot sports have been on my bike for about 500 miles and no complaints, just the best tires I have ever ridden on. The bike is now capable of changing lines in corners where the BT56's would leave you very apprehensive the pilots inspire a high level of confidence.

Cbxchris has said he heard of a 200 series tire being available in the Pilot Sport series.

Vegas Dude is checking with his tire guy at Best Cycle Parts on this 200 sometime this week.

Yes a 200 series tire fits the busa, your OEM tire is actually a 198 labeled as a 190.

Others have mounted 200/50/17 Michelin tx25's and Pirelli Dragon Corsa's and have not fouled the chain.

For what little it matters the ZX12 has a 6" rim like the busa, just because someone will ask about rim size not being a 6.25".

Thanx Todd

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 27 October 1999).]

Busa has 198 OEM labeled as a 190.
(slip of the fingers - cause I know you knew that)

Tech at Michelin assured me 200 is on the way.....in street compound only....190 will be the largest tire that they make in the race compound....

Are the Pilots only available in the race version, and if so what kind of mileage can I expect to get out of them?
I hated the Bridgestone's and am convinced that just about anything is better.

The only thing in race is a 180 if you want a 190 it is called pilot sport and you also get better mileage. i have a set of the 120/ 190 sports with 600ish miles with hardly any wear.

The bike turned like a smaller bike, it almost falls into the corner now. This guy has sets for for 293.00 in stock + shipping 813-920-0428

Back