Magical screen Delamination ?

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Has anyone else had the carbon fiber top layer come apart? My screen has been on the bike for about 1300 miles and has recieved many compliments on its appearance. I am only a little bit disapointed in the products "comming apart".

It can most likely be glued and clamped back together as both sides are now showing a similar failure.

To go through a credit and return hassle with a Japanese company,it may be just easier to repair the screen.

Has anyone else noticed any sort of delamination of the carbon fiber?

Why don't you give it back to the guy that you got it from for replacement or better yet call the company you received it from to let them know what the problem is? Or maybe exchange it with the smoke screen with carbon fiber trim, you do have both of them don't you? I'm sure you don't have to go through a credit hassle for something you haven't paid for yet don't you think? Japan, is that where you got your screens from? Are you sure you and "J" aren't related? The same thing you told me about him you are doing!!

Howdy do, Cycle Stuffed!...I got one of the smoked and Wizzard got the other...mine is holding up so far, but I too know how to use a glue gun....you will be compensted if full for all parts recieved, and that's a bit off your "bill", but none of my bee's wax....I took the mirrors too, but I am waiting (!) for KawAbuser to install them for me....he said he would install those and a Mikuni top clamp set for the price of the parts, as well as the afore mentioned fasteners, if I could be patient with him....I got an inside word that a certain set of mag wheels in a special color combo came out looking very well indeed...

Chuck I figured I would just Super glue it together, honestly.

It would take only minutes and I started this thread to see if anyone else had a similar experiance.

Beautiful screen, the Iridium is holding up very well. Just a little weird about the delamination as it is just a paper thin layer lifting on the top trailing edges.

Sabor was one of the first to have one of these screens and I remember the problems they had in produceing the screens to meet demand.

So again back to my original question,I ask if anyone else had their screen delaminate.

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 21 May 2000).]

Back