lowering and extending

BusaBill

Donating Member
Registered
What are the pro's and con's of lowering and or extending the swingarm on the 'busa? How difficult is it to do and what have some of you guys done to your bikes?

lowering and/or extending your bike will help it not wheelie when running at the drag strip.

I'm lowerered but debating the extending. Lowering will keep you on the ground and you'll lose the wheelie, unlesss you really really want to wheelie, because you will have a lower center of gravity. Extending the wheel or stretching the frame will create a larger turn radius for the busa. The longer you stretch it the harder its going be to turn. Harder but not impossible, oh and it'll also cause you to slow down more in the turns.

Now if you drop it and stretch it you have to consider the fact that you be dragging parts and your turn radius is also going to be affected by the lean angle you lose when you lower the bike.

hope this helped!

As was said it is better for the track and it is not hard at all. Get a set of 3 hole dogbones from Spencer Cycles (35$) and then get a set of reaper risers for the front. To do the front you have to unbolt the triple tree cover insert spacers and reinstall hardware, then loosed the forks and push them all the way up and tighten. Then for the back, jack up the bike, support the bike! Then have someone help you (it is easier that way). Unbolt the current dogbones reinstall the other ones, torque. You need the second person to move the rear tire up and down when you are trying to align the holes to put the dog bone bolts in. It is really easy.

I'm lowered 2" rear/1.5" front and my bike doesn't wheelie really at all from a dead stop to a wide open in first gear.

I'm at 2 and 1.5 also......my bike whhelies like crazy still......and I'm talkin without tryin just get on it in first and it goes straight up.......does it in second without jerking it up too.......wtf

don't know guy... I weigh 185 but the only time I really get on it in first is from a stop when I'm drag racing....

don't know guy... I weigh 185 but the only time I really get on it in first is from a stop when I'm drag racing....
Prolly somethin to do with my fat azz hangin off the back.....
biggrin.gif

Back