Louder Yoshi RS3 Carbon

1macaw

Registered
I'd like to get more noise out of my stock exhaust with Carbon Yoshimura RS-3 cans. Has anyone shortened these, or know a place that will, or how to remove the baffles. I ride 53 miles one way to work, and need something to keep the numb heads in the 4 wheelers from just coming over in to another lane, I think half of these people are still a sleep.

Thank you!

I can make them shorter for you. no charge.

IMG_5335_resize.JPG

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 25 2007,19:26) I can make them shorter for you.  no charge.
Vic,

Will shortening these help make the bike louder?  I'd really like to make sure that the cars know I'm next to them.

Thanks!

What's the best way to disassemble an RS3 Carbon cans.....just drill out the rivets? Does anyone know what the internals look like inside of these?

Thank you!

i`d say shortening the can in half will make it 1/2 louder.

Start the bike without cans, just midpipes. Short cans sounding somewhere in between.

Drill out the rivets on any side, no need to disassemble from both sides.
Then you need to cut internal baffle ( perforated pipe 2 1/4 " in diameter. You can cut it from flange side.

Or take me on my offer and just send it to me, i`ll do it for any member.

You have to have riveting tool and aluminum rivets. do not use steel ones.
home depot

scorpion sells a pair of shorty pipes for the busa but they're lik 900 just for the cans but is it pretty hard to shorten them or would i be better off having someone else do it cause i kinda like a lil challenge and something to do

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jul. 02 2007,08:25) i`d say shortening the can in half will make it 1/2 louder.

Start the bike without cans, just midpipes. Short cans sounding somewhere in between.

Then you need to cut internal baffle ( perforated pipe 2 1/4 " in diameter. You can cut it from flange side.  

home depot
Vic,

Thank you again for the offer. I'm trying to decide which way I want to go. I also read somewhere, about wrapping the inside perffed pipe to make it basicaly a staright pipe or leaving just a verry little perf showing after wrapping.

(1macaw @ Jul. 02 2007,13:00)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jul. 02 2007,08:25) i`d say shortening the can in half will make it 1/2 louder.

home depot
Vic,

Thank you again for the offer. I'm trying to decide which way I want to go. I also read somewhere, about wrapping the inside perffed pipe to make it basicaly a staright pipe or leaving just a verry little perf showing after wrapping.
wrapping the baffle with foil might do the trick.
Here what you can do. Go to Pepboys/autozone and buy two pieces of 2" pipe in exhaust section. 18" long pipes will do.
then cut like half of it and insert into the can from flange side.
You can wrap it in foil for snag fit. RS3 baffle is 2 1/4 outside diameter so 2" would be as close as possible.

Please report back how you like it.

Back