Looking for 2 things,long shot,but ya never know

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Looking for a program called Killdisc or similar,gubment or military grade would be awesome.

Also need a copy of windows 10 or 7 or even Vista.

My PC craped out,so I want to scrub the hard drive and re-install a good OS.

Tall order I know,but I want to give the PC to someone needy instead of throwing it out.Has a huge monitor,wireless keyboard and mouse and speakers with a sub woofer.

Help....

Rubb.

Rub

I suggest Ubuntu OS. Its free and easy to install. AS well as fast fast fast. You wont have to fight license issues that way. Micorosft has changed the way it license poop now so its way more difficult to be given an older os.

Rub

I suggest Ubuntu OS. Its free and easy to install. AS well as fast fast fast. You wont have to fight license issues that way. Micorosft has changed the way it license poop now so its way more difficult to be given an older os.
Would like to move on this tonight. Any of the tech guru's around?
Thinking I would like to wipe the hard drive clean.How would I do that?
Format the whole thing,lose all the issues and start fresh.
Will Ubunta come plug 'n play say if I downloaded it on to a USB stick and booted from that. Will the pc be able to do that having been wiped clean? Or should I overwrite from the stick and clean and partition the hard drive later? The PC is so clogged it may have issue with even being able to boot up as it sits now.
I shall forge ahead... :laugh:
Rubb.

From command prompt.

Format C:/U

Only thing with support from microsloth anymore is 10. Ubuntu is a good OS and free. If you are concerned about something being on the hard drive that might one day get recovered, new hard drives are cheap

Pie

From command prompt.

Format C:/U

Only thing with support from microsloth anymore is 10. Ubuntu is a good OS and free. If you are concerned about something being on the hard drive that might one day get recovered, new hard drives are cheap

Pie
Thanks Sarge...no,no nakid pics of Rubb and the ladies or anything,just tryin to save a buck. F'ed around for an' hour trying to download Ubunta. Wants this other program first ,"Rufus". OK,D L that. Wont open. OK, D L Ubuntu. Wont open. Get a fresh copy of WinZip...Wzip wont open it either. :banghead: Cool little 'puter with a huge hard drive,fast processor,giant 24" monitor,wireless keyboard and mouse,etc, all krap by todays standard for sure,but to just chuck it in the dumpster when some under privy fam could use it...I dunno.Even if the kids just used it for gaming.
Or....throw it out....
Rubb.

I hear ya buddy. I had to break out 2 old laptops, one on win7, the other my late fathers with a bad keyboard and battery just so the kids can do their school. Not about to set them loose on my Mac Pro. Never know when a old puter can be of use

I hear ya buddy. I had to break out 2 old laptops, one on win7, the other my late fathers with a bad keyboard and battery just so the kids can do their school. Not about to set them loose on my Mac Pro. Never know when a old puter can be of use
I wont give in Bro. I have it functioning fairly well now.Did a bunch of stuff to it like got rid of the error messages that wouldn't even allow it to search the net. Error XPCOM was linked to that crap mozilla firefox...it go bye bye.Bunch of other stuff. You'd think Bill Gates could see it in his WEALTHY heart to not give up on supporting OS's less than 2 fuggin' weeks old.
I mean Bill Owe's me...I bought Window's ME for Christ sakes.
L
et's pretend I did have the cash for a copy of WinBlows 10. What happens in 2 or 3 days when 11 comes out. :banghead:
I'm tired of this game,been at it too long.
'95 to '98 to '98SE to '00 to ME to Vista to Vista Premium to.....aaahhhggg.
I can't take it anymore Bro...I think I'm suicidal.
*** "Dear Bill, I think you are a giant fuggin'.....***
Ah forget it. He didn't respond to my last email either.
Rubb.

OPSys is eventually why I went to apple. I stopped building them after 00 and went to console gaming. Apple sucks over being proprietary but their opsys is free. Catch 22 no matter which way you throw it.

I wont give in Bro. I have it functioning fairly well now.Did a bunch of stuff to it like got rid of the error messages that wouldn't even allow it to search the net. Error XPCOM was linked to that crap mozilla firefox...it go bye bye.Bunch of other stuff. You'd think Bill Gates could see it in his WEALTHY heart to not give up on supporting OS's less than 2 fuggin' weeks old.
I mean Bill Owe's me...I bought Window's ME for Christ sakes.
L
et's pretend I did have the cash for a copy of WinBlows 10. What happens in 2 or 3 days when 11 comes out. :banghead:
I'm tired of this game,been at it too long.
'95 to '98 to '98SE to '00 to ME to Vista to Vista Premium to.....aaahhhggg.
I can't take it anymore Bro...I think I'm suicidal.
*** "Dear Bill, I think you are a giant fuggin'.....***
Ah forget it. He didn't respond to my last email either.
Rubb.
What version of Windows did you laptop come with? You should have got a OS copy or license key for it. If you have the key you should be able to re-install or download and re-install. Some systems come with a restore partition. You would have to boot to that menu if so. Otherwise I would call MS or your computer manufacturer and ask them.

What version of Windows did you laptop come with? You should have got a OS copy or license key for it. If you have the key you should be able to re-install or download and re-install. Some systems come with a restore partition. You would have to boot to that menu if so. Otherwise I would call MS or your computer manufacturer and ask them.
good thoughts... Disc with OS long gone along with the key + Vista is ancient history,no support etc. So I was attempting to install a new OS that would function trouble free in order to pass the 'puter on to someone who is perhaps Covid-Poor or low income,etc.Perhaps as the Sarge said,use it for home schooling or even gaming.Thats all. Back in the day if you needed "this or that" one of the bro's would slip you something behind the scene's,if you know what I mean...

Some of the things that we shipped out to one another you would not believe.

Ahhh the internet,and the Org especially,it's a beautiful thing. :thumbsup:
NOT that I condone any activity that would be considered by some as...
as well, highly "questionable" or illegal in some states.

There are
ya ...right.

Rubb.

Back