License Plate Relocater Bracket

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
I am looking to get a plate relocater bracket.  Any thoughts on the best place to get one? I seen alot on e-bay for @ $25.  Thought I'd ask here.

Roaring Toyz
bowdown.gif

bill how much do you want to spend?

Not looking to spend a whole lot for something that basically just holds a license plate and I really don't want chrome. I just don't want in on the tail. I am trying to clean it up.

I just bought off ebay for $20. I couldn't see spending 80-130 just to hold my license plate. If you need a light, you can go to any autopart store and get them for 10-15 . I think I saw a thread wher a guy used the brackets from the reflectors some kind of way.

i got pulled twice for no tags n ticketed the 2nd time-so i checkd my local statutes n ordered the pass. peg mount from Roaring Toyz w/LEDs but unfortunately it only comes in chrome; you can switch the plate from vert. to horiz. mount easy too, if you get bored.
beerchug.gif

sorry no pics of bike since i added it...

I just bought off ebay for $20.  I couldn't see spending 80-130 just to hold my license plate.  If you need a light, you can go to any autopart store and get them for 10-15 .  I think I saw a thread wher a guy used the brackets from the reflectors some kind of way.
Ok, I've been wanting to get rid of that huge mud flap that is covering up over a quarter of my rear tire. I personally love the look of the BUSA when you can see the whole back tire. The undertail kits are running about $179.99. After reading your post, are you saying that you can just take the stock tail off and just get another relocater for the side?

I am just going to cut the extra stuff off for this year. I already have most of it gone, just the little piece to hold the plate on for now. You can use a dremel, hacksaw, whatever is handy. Maybe get an undertail for a winter or spring project.

This is where I started, there is more gone now since I took off the rear blinkers and now have an integrated tail/brake/rear signal light. Not the best pic.

07_Busa_021.jpg

I am just going to cut the extra stuff off for this year.  I already have most of it gone, just the little piece to hold the plate on for now.  You can use a dremel, hacksaw, whatever is handy. Maybe get an undertail for a winter or spring project.
Ok, thanks a lot
Less work for your 08. Remove 4 bolts and the fender comes off. You can use the reflector brackets and original plate holder and be all set.

I've been making some parts & in a few weeks 2-3 I should have a very different tag bracket design , If you dont find what you want get with me then..I guess You will know when I have them , I'll place a sponsor add here at the org.

Back