It's alive!

Narcissus

Hayabusa Immortal
Registered
I know, I know... 'Daylight pics'.

I just started it and let it run for the first time since... I don't remember.

I have a new camera coming and I'm putting the polished parts back on now, so I should have some decent non-camera-phone pics later this week.

Ah, just hearing the rumble of the engine... an almost faded memory in my mind... I just had to break to share.

I think I'm soon going to remember what it means to grin from ear-to-ear once again.
biggrin.gif

(and yes, those are full HIDs in effect. And I love them already and can't possibly imagine life without them).
jump9.gif

BJP_0038.jpg

Awesome! Been a long time coming...
beerchug.gif

Ya need to get that thing on the road and ride it like you stole it
super.gif

while you have it apart like that do a few mods (if not done all ready)
muzzy fan
engine ice
small air box mod
pair valve removal
idle ajustment ext.
drill holes in stock exhaust (if you plan on keeping it)

(Narcissus @ May 13 2007,18:06) Ah, just hearing the rumble of the engine... an almost faded memory in my mind... I just had to break to share.
I know what you mean, I was down for 2 months with a rebuild. Then... to hear her again...

Bit tired this morning. I was up till almost 1AM. I had to dismantle the paint booth just so I can get the bike out.
laugh.gif

Sorry for the small, blurry, indoor pic. I took it into work so I could get it inspected over lunch. I definitely need to get used to riding again.

BJP_0040.jpg

(rockadaous @ May 13 2007,20:42) while you have it apart like that do a few mods (if not done all ready)
muzzy fan
engine ice
small air box mod
pair valve removal
idle ajustment ext.
drill holes in stock exhaust (if you plan on keeping it)
small air box mod --> Did it, went back to stock 5 years ago
pair valve removal --> Did it 6 years ago.
idle ajustment ext. --> I have stock external idle adjustment
tounge.gif

drill holes in stock exhaust (if you plan on keeping it) --> Had a race system, went back to stock 4 years ago.

What can I say? I like it stock.... sort of.
biggrin.gif

It needs a bit more polishing in places, but I can do that any time. Besides, it looks good enough to ride.
biggrin.gif

OK, I think someone must be watching me and giving me a sign.

I promised never, ever to ride fatigues... what am I doing? Riding for the first time in a year with less than 5 hours sleep... already lacking days of decent rest. On the way to the dealer, almost got hit twice. Then right as I finish with the inspection, it starts raining, HARD.

Well, I got soaked, went home, changed and drove the car back to work.

It felt really unnerving riding, almost like I've never ridden before. I've been here before, and I know it'll take a few weeks until the basics feel natural again. Oh well, I'm in no rush.... now if I can just remember that.
rock.gif

Ah, the story of my life. "Hurry up and wait."
sad.gif

Whoa Dude --Didn't know you parked it--- as you can see we are all happy to have you back...
Yep scary at first ---- 1st ride in awhile--even for us who put it away just for the winter....
Sorry you got wet--- isn't the Busa faster than falling rain?? No i got soaked two years ago coming home from Infinion --- 6am Sunday the geritol gang is going down to sonoma.. 2 Busa's a VTR1000 Hawk, Honda 600, maybe more... any one on the the highway 50 to 80 west-- if you see a Busa with triple saddle bags blue silver -- that would be PaceM.... safe ride we pray....

Back