How To???

memphistn3000

Registered
Can anybody shed a little light on how to get the front and rear signals pods off. Okay im not talking about the lights themselves but the plastic pods off the bike.
Any help will be appreciated :thumbsup:

You have to remove the nose and tail fairing to access the screws that hold these pods in place.

:welcome: to the oRg. Don't know where you live but there might be a member near by willing to help out if needed.

Don't know but you might want to seek out help. The plastics are a little thinner on the Gen II and you can actually tear them. Someone that's been around the block can help you and keep you from having to buy a new nose. I'm to far away or I would be there for ya....

The front ones are a total pain in the azz, do not attempt if you lack patience.:whistle:

Here is the best pic I can find showing the nose piece removed. You can see the signal pod is attached. If I remember, there are only a couple of screws holding it in place. No problem for access once you get the nose offf.

IMG_4075.jpg

Here is the frame for the nose with it removed. It is very easy to break things if you are not extremely careful. The nose has one tab on each side that fits into the holes in the support arms; if you don't lift up (or out), you will snap them off. Good luck.

IMG_4078.jpg

Last edited:
The tabs can be fixed, either using epoxy or a soldering iron. But it's better not damaging anything, get someone to help out this time. :thumbsup:

If it won't come off there's a reason. Look at a micro fiche and make sure you got all the fasteners out.
Posted via Mobile Device

If it won't come off there's a reason. Look at a micro fiche and make sure you got all the fasteners out.
Posted via Mobile Device

So true... I've found that this is not a terribly difficult bike to work on once you learn the right way to go about things. PITA maybe, but not so much difficult.

There's a lot of good information in the service manual. The organization isn't the best, but it covers most issues like what you're facing. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/79087-k8-manual-download.html

And really? Who uses their location as part of their username? :laugh:

I kid.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

I wanna take the lights pods off so i can get some painting done to them and while i got them off im going to do some HID lights also. Kinda wanna do some things to my bike, since i've just got it and its been parked since our wheater here is getting cold. Only got a 100 miles on the thing. But im loving it so far its great!!!!!!:laugh:
Just out of curiousity, why are you pulling them off?

You do not have to take the nose or tail off to remove the front and rear signal pods. To remove the rear remove the 1 screw in each light. Then remove the rear seat cal and reach insde turn and disconnect the bulb and wiring and the pod comes out from the insde. Once you remove the screw it is loose. The front require you to remove the upper black cowl piece to the left and right of the dash. You'll have to loosen the upper parts of the left and right fairing to do this. Again once you have access a nice long phillips screwdriver should the two screws on each pod. one at he top and one at the bottom. Twist and remove the bulb and harness and the pod will come right out. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you i will try this method first:thumbsup:
You do not have to take the nose or tail off to remove the front and rear signal pods. To remove the rear remove the 1 screw in each light. Then remove the rear seat cal and reach insde turn and disconnect the bulb and wiring and the pod comes out from the insde. Once you remove the screw it is loose. The front require you to remove the upper black cowl piece to the left and right of the dash. You'll have to loosen the upper parts of the left and right fairing to do this. Again once you have access a nice long phillips screwdriver should the two screws on each pod. one at he top and one at the bottom. Twist and remove the bulb and harness and the pod will come right out. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

HID are so worth the upgrade, be carefull if you do end up removing all the body work there are two rubber grommets in the two ram air tubes that and when reinstalling the body work may get pushed into the tubes and end up in the motor.

:thumbsup:

I think he's talking about the scoops that the pods bolt into. But yea this is how to remove if you need your lenses out or a bulb change. But to remove the painted plastic scoops you must remove the nose and tail.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back