How I spent 45 min today

ditchdr

Registered
Got a call back form a home owner who I talked ot a few weeks ago about removing a small tree in her back yard.. Well she wants it done and wants the gum tree behind it removed as well.. Since I am with out helpers till I have more ( felt they did not have to come into work yesterday, I told them dont worry aobut comming in Monday eaither). I went and did a qucik fell and cut up job on the smaller tree. Then made a plan of attack for the larger tree.

First pic is the 2 tres to be removed..Im taking out the one one that is on the right but leans left..

004-5.jpg

Next is the notch cut to help "steer" the tree where I want it to go

006-5.jpg

Next is BIG NASTY,, she is my tree felling saw, the largest of the three I have.

005-6.jpg

Here we have the tree on the ground. Took Big Nasty less then 10 seconds to chew her way through the tree.

008-3.jpg

Now is time ot buck the limbs and get the tree ready to haul out. I did not take many pics of this as I was busy working. So instead here is a pic of MEDIUM NASTY.. She is my well medium size saw, and it used when I am felling a tree. I like taking her up to drop the larger limbs.

009-4.jpg

I dont have a pic of LITTLE NASTY, my climbing saw. I only use her ot prune with when I am up in a tree.. But ot give you a idea of the size of the saws, here is BN and MN on the tail gate of the truck. BN has a 36in bar MN has a 20 in bar.

010-3.jpg

Tomorrow the big tre comes down, I will make sure ot get some pics for you

Last edited:
First pic is the 2 tres to be removed..Im taking out the one one that is on the right but leans left..

004-5.jpg

Look they are both already laying horizontally.. Did you stand them back up in the next pics just so you could bring em back down. :poke:

Oh and BTW.. those dont look ANYTHING like a tre:rofl:

Last edited:
too bad your not near me cause i have a 50ft oak that is towering over my abode that i desperately need to be dropped.

Look they are both already laying horizontally.. Did you stand them back up in the next pics just so you could bring em back down. :poke:

Oh and BTW.. those dont look ANYTHING like a tre:rofl:

The gum is a medium size tree. THat is the size we usualy climb and fell here. This job is a typical one. As in a can climb, drop limbs, come down and take 3 to 4 foot sections of the stem as I come down.. The real big ones like huge oaks and pines are different. On a real tall tree that will cause damage if is done wrong I will call in a crane and take the tree out that way. Try not to do that to much. My cost on the crane is 200 a hour. I tripple that to my custoemrs on top of the other equipent on the ground. I bid a job 3 or 4 weeks ago for almost 7K to remove 3 trees. Due to them leaning over the house I had to bring in a crane.

Are you sure you used a saw to get that sapling down? Looking at the stump it looks like a beaver chewed it off! :poke:

A job like that is something I would gladly pay someone else to do! Now if it comes to a built in bbq, that is something that I can handle. I used to do it for a second job with a co-worker of my dad. We did some pretty cool bbq. :thumbsup:

Back