How do you guys mount a bottle to the swing arm in front of the tire?

yzguyfl

Registered
I need my bottle mounted upside down (tube removed) in front of my rear tire. I know something could be welded on, but I did not want to have to take my swing arm off for this if I could help it, and I’d have to find someone that could do it.

It was mounted there by the previous owner, but it was a strap type mount, and he only used one, and it had some play forward and back (bottle swinging a bit because of only one strap) and one side of the strap mount broke off, so then it was really swinging. Right now I took the whole thing off, and also see that he just drilled and tapped the 2 bolt holes that were holding it on. That does not seem very sturdy as the aluminum is not very thick, so you really could not tighten this very much.

I did do some looking, but so far I have found:

Things that require extensive welding to the swing arm
Mounts that put the bottle upright, and don’t lend themselves to being able to flip it
Mounts that state they should not hold the weight of the bottle.

So any ideas?

BTW factory swing arm with extensions.

The best way is to buy a bottle mount bracket & have it welded in but better if you take swingarm off to get a good weld just my thought that's how I did mine cause don't want the bottle to come off while your riding & hit your tire cause that be very bad.

Well even then I have not seen a weld in mount for one upside down. All I see are the clamp rings that say that they should not support the weight of the bottle.

brack18_zps6225552b.jpg

but didn't you make this one yourself and still catch crap from your boss about it?? I think I remember seeing this another thread.

if not, do you have a link as to where you got it? I do like that it is thicker and feel safer with only one mount, the thinner ones look like they could use 2.

I used 2 of the strap type. I tapped and threaded the swingarm and bolted them to it. I went with 2 of these due to hearing they can break. Mine have been tested to over 200mph a few times:laugh:

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

that is exactly how mine was, only it was only one of them, and yes it broke. Likely because with only one strap it could swing forward and back a bit, and that eventually broke. Mine was also drilled and tapped, but the aluminum is not very thick, and it did not seem all that secure to me.

Looks like BlueHaya has your answer but dang....it sure would be much easier to just mount it to the passenger peg.

I'm not crazy about threading the swing arm. It just does not seem like that many threads holding it. I know people do it though. I'm talking with another member about a cool solution. I'll post pics when we work out the details.

I used 2 of the strap type. I tapped and threaded the swingarm and bolted them to it. I went with 2 of these due to hearing they can break. Mine have been tested to over 200mph a few times:laugh:

I thought About doing this.. It works well? I never uses NOS. but thought about using it till I build Boost

Back