HID switch how???

kreator

Registered
I installed my HID kit Saturday, pretty sweet! Although I want to install a switch, so I'm not causing too much wear and tear on the ignitor by shutting it off and back on during startup. I am not sure how to go about this. I know I can get a switch at Radiop Shack, but does anyone who has done this provide some pics as to how the wiring of the switch should be completed?

<!--EDIT|kreator
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128962355 -->

i didnt know that by shutting it on and off it cuased wear and tear, if it really does i want to put mine on a switch also...
rock.gif

Ya, the manual says to avoid turning them off and on repeatidly as the 20,000 volts going throught the ignitor causes wear.

If you have an 04 and up I don't think you should worry about cause the headlight shuts off whille you start the bike up... or for pre 04's just do what Eynlai I myself did, swap the wiring so that the high is on permanently while you have total control over the lowbeam with the high beam switch...

I have a 05, that's what I don't want to happen is have the light turn on when I turn the key only to turn it off and fire it back up when I start the bike.

I have a 05, that's what I don't want to happen is have the light turn on when I turn the key only to turn it off and fire it back up when I start the bike.
Then the only remedy for this is to swap the wiring from high beam to low beam, but I'l also sure there is a way around this.

Icemann did a thread on putting the HID on a switch. I'll see if I can find it. If not send him a PM if he doesn't respond to this thread.

Icemann did a thread on putting the HID on a switch.  I'll see if I can find it.  If not send him a PM if he doesn't respond to this thread.
I thought so too, but I searched here and SH.org and should not find anything from ICEMANN.. That dude has bailed me out of several situations, I need to buy his az a beer!

BTW ICE, if you happen to make it to this thread, your yellow bulb looks killer with the HID kit! Thanks man!

Thanks again ICE. Took your advice and picked up a good connector and will mount it in the dash area. Got a nice round switch that will look nice there too.. I'll take my time and do it this weekend, if its raining, if not, I'll wait until the first rainy day!

i have a better idea than having to switch the wiring. i just did it for mine and it works great. i found a company that makes a timer delay. so that the lights turn on 2 second - 33 mintues after bike is started and shuts off when bike is shut off. it is for 12 volts. i took bike apart again to change nose. i will post picks of the whole lighting system qith delay power on timer. if anyone has questions i will answer as best i can. i am working on getting a group buy price for everyone. let me know if you are interested so i can make this deal.

<!--EDIT|busa1018
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139288431 -->

Timer's nice but what if your working on the bike or just warming it up in front of your garage at night dont want it stolen. Harder to see when blacked out. Cant duck da popop on a timer. Just when your behind and to the side of the mini van with bike off and key on ready to "hit it" and run your fuggin light turns on and gets ya busted.

Nice idea but I like COMPLETE CONTROL.

tounge.gif

Did you see the post I put up about using in inferred wireless switch which when installed "ANY" inferred remote control can be learned to it to turn shytt on and off.

Aim the remote at your bike and click on the lights from afar.

JD:D

Back