Help Settle A Dispute

I've been riding since 1972 and never "went down". I did hit a dog once and messed up the bike but kept it up.
I probably shouldn't reveal this to you all, but last week I was doing wheelies on a Cannondale and did a face plant in our company parking lot. I'm still sore but didn't break anything.

Chief X

I've been riding since 1972 and never "went down". I did hit a dog once and messed up the bike but kept it up.
I probably shouldn't reveal this to you all, but last week I was doing wheelies on a Cannondale and did a face plant in our company parking lot. I'm still sore but didn't break anything.

Chief X
this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Been hit by a car once and dropped a few bikes. Been riding for 20years. Statistically it WILL happen. But there are always exceptions to every rule. Just hope and pray that you are one of them!!
Even if you aren't a "wear your gear" type of person, always and I do mean ALWAYS wear atleast your helmet, and a lightweight jacket of some type. A little something between your skin and the road is better than nothing at all!

I rode dirt bikes from the age of 13 to 15. I can't remember a good wreck on them, but I'm sure I dumped it, that's inevitable.
I rode a cruiser from 19 to 21 years old. I was run off the road once, I was pushed into the ditch. I lost it when it hit dirt and it just fell over.
I've been riding for the last 3 years.. (36 years old to now) and last fall I attempted to pull over on a dirt road. It was actually sugar sand and as soon as I stopped it grabbed the front tire , turned it and I fell right over. No damage. Just to the pride (considering I was in a pack of Harleys).

So if those are my accidents, I'm good with that.

But I doubt it. Considering I ride in the land of q-tips and tourists. AND that I love speed, and power, and speed, and torque, uh, and did I say speed?
cool.gif

Before GJoker traded in his busa, we were atgatt, but now he's into the Harley attire. A vest and a doo rag. And I've gotten lax on wearing my jacket. Still use the gloves, helmet, jeans and boots. And if I stop and think about what were to happen, should I go down, I start riding reallllly slowlllyy.

I've also tried begging, demanding, asking, pleading for him to wear gear. But I get no where with him. I also gave up, he's a grown adult, he can make his own choices. But I did get another life insurance policy on him.

But I say the majority of bikers will be in some accident, large or small.

Back