help help will gsxr rims fit busa?

daoryder

Registered
aye guys theres some rims forsale for a 00-05 gsxr something like that must either be for 600-750 or 1000 but im just wondering if they will fit my 02 busa b4 i by them...any info on if they do or where i can find info let me know thanks

the 600-750 have different rims than the 1000....
And i'm pretty sure i've heard that you cant just switch out busa rims with 1000 rims... I've seen it done, but they needed a different spacer or something... they had to modify it in some way... that's what I remember... I think you're better off just getting busa rims

I've got a set of 600 rims. They are alot different. Maybe with a lot of reworking. Maybe not even then. Narrow rim, sm. chain, spacers to be made. Naw, if you need some busa rims I've got some '00 dr.gray excellent shape I could part with If you need them. PM me.

PS I have some bent ones to, but everyone has those, don't they??

Yes,1 k wheels will go on with out much trouble. Spacers and some caliper bracket machining on the rear.  Just spacers in the front (00-04 front wheel)

I have 06 rear and 07 front wheel on my bike.

IM000133.jpg

(chevelle @ Aug. 22 2007,12:16) Yes,1 k wheels will go on with out much trouble. Spacers and some caliper bracket machining on the rear.  Just spacers in the front (00-04 front wheel)

I have 06 rear and 07 front wheel on my bike.

IM000133.jpg
I think for most of us "machining" spacers and brackets is not considered "without much trouble."

(daoryder @ Aug. 21 2007,10:28) aye guys theres some rims forsale for a 00-05 gsxr something like that must either be for 600-750 or 1000 but im just wondering if they will fit my 02 busa b4 i by them...any info on if they do or where i can find info let me know thanks
They didn't make a Gixxer 1000 in the year 2000...01-04 1000 wheels are the same, in 05 they changed the front wheel for the 1000.

You can make the wheel fit, but your going to have to make the parts. Make sure what you're buying and what it's gonna take to do it.

The required spacers are available for purchase.
Any machine shop can turn down the caliper bracket the required .125'' for a few bucks. (i picked up a spare cheap on e bay)

Honest it really is easy.

well i guess theres the story..there some spinner rims on ebay and the shop that is selling them are advertiseing them for 00-05 gsxr bikes only...thats why i ask if they will fit busa since the shop wasnt advertising for hayabusas...and on the picture of the rims the back rim has the 5 nut sprocket since busas has 6 nuts for the sprocket..so thats why i questioned..asked some local shops and 2 out of 3 say they dont fit and one says yes...and i asked the shop where there selling it and they said yes also..and i think these forums would know more info...but for spacers can i get a link to see where i can purchase them??? need as much info as possible since these rims giong to cost $2500

well if this would help here is the link for the rims that is forsale

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-CHROME-SPINNER-RIMS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ009QQitemZ190122755486QQrd
Z1QQsspagenameZWD1V" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....meZWD1V</a>

Back