HEADSHAKE PROBLEMS

Sounds like a loose headset or bent/out of balance front rim. Check the above, take two asprin and post in the morning.
ducmanic
Los Angeles

Rock solid handling, have you been dropping the front wheel hard from wheelies?

There has not been one complaint on this board about handling that I have read.

Just complaints about the steering dampner clunking around at low speed on uneven ground.

No sticking calipers?

I have ridden this bike on road sections that will shake the steering head on all the other bikes I have ever ridden and the Busa is rock solid in comparison.

Headshake can be caused by a lot of different things, but regardless of the cause of the headshake, the steering damper should keep it from happening. I suspect that the steering damper isn't working right.

Badbusa,check your front wheel balance,your front axle to make sure they are tighten to spec,check to make sure your steering head nut/bearing play is to spec, and try replacing your front fork oil with something better than what the factory uses,check your steering dampner.Hope one of these hints will help you out.Ride safe

Has anyone had any headshake problems?
Under hard 2nd or 3rd gear acceleration my
bike has had several very severe headshakes.
I have ridden and raced many bikes, but the
busa seems a bit eager to complain sometimes? Everything appears to be in good shape and it only has 1700miles on it.

After changing gearing, I noticed a slight headshake on mine during the 1st to 2nd and the 2nd to 3nd shift. It is very slight and I suspect it may be from unequal pull on the bars during the shift. I think the tire is leaving the ground a few inches during these shifts and when it touches back down the wheel is not exactaly strieght. The damper seems to correct it quickly however.

Back