Hayabusa on Daytona Int. Speedway

OB_Tom LaBarre

Registered
Fellow Hayabusa owners just imagime if you will the mighty GSX1300R on the long back straight on Daytona's awesome speedway, and then the intense braking before the tight chicane, and then the massive power rush of acceleration powering onto the highbank streaking through the trioval topped out in 6th gear!! Sounds great doesnt it, I'll be there on Wednesday March 1st taking the team hammer racing school also know as Valvoline Suzuki racing. I CANT WAIT!! I will be in Barberville on Sunday march 4th watching motorcycle dirt track racing come on out and see some great racing for your self, remember bikeweek has been and always be about motorcycle racing not just hanging around main street chuging beer, so come out and support the racing action. I'll keep you posted on up coming racing events. Any questions or comments or places to meet up during bike week post a reply or e-mail me at telabarre@yahoo.com

THERE WAS A HAYABUSA ON THE TRACK LAST YEAR AT BIKETOBERFEST. BEAUTIFUL THING IT WAS. HE WOULD LET A RIDER PULL UP TO HIM AND THEN ACCELERATE RIGHT BY HIM LIKE IT WAS NOTHING. SWWWEEETTT! HE'LL BE RACING THIS YEAR TOO. I BELIEVE JEFFW MEET HIM LAST YEAR?

ill be at the races and ill be at wendys every night --thats were all the local crotch rockets hang out down town--hope to see ya -- ill be on a 00 blue with micron ex. my name is roddy

Rad is back in the saddle in the Formula Extreme Hayabusa.

His bike this year is sporting a steering stem pulled back two inches to shorten up the wheelbase to the likes of the Honda 900/929 from Erion Honda.

This mod required some creative tin knocking of the Yosh Japan Tornado tank to fit the shorter chassis. Maybe not so pretty but It should put him on a more even field with the devistating Honda's of Erion Wrecking Crew (Hayden and Roberts).

I hope I missed something.
Isn't Daytona a non Formula Extreme race?
With the long straights and banking, the Extreme bikes have two problems:
1) They might end up doing lap times that beat the Superbikes. AMA brass no like!
2) The heat stress in the tires would be incredible. The lighter, less powerful Superbikes are a big challenge for the tire companies. Imagine a 400 pound 210 horsepower Hayabusa!!!
I hope I'm wrong about this because it would truly be something to see. Best of luck Rad, go give the Erion Hondas fits and take the class to the next level.

Jeff last year the FX series was a Sunoco sponsored event that ran on Saturday at Loudon when the AMA superbikes ran on sunday.

Formula USA is yet another series.

Jeff how does this all figure out?

WHO is on first and so on??????????

Yes, normally both weekend days have races in the AMA (some tracks have 2 SB races during the weekend). 750SS and FX on Saturday, then SB, 600SS, 250 GP on Sunday.
Seems like Pro-Blunder is also on Saturday.

Daytona just does not have the FX race at all.

Back