Handle Bar Risers

busafan08

Registered
There is a set on sale on ebay for a good price it raises the bars 16 mm but I am wondering will these work with my heli bars together regarding cables ect from what i read here it should just scrap in thanks all for your info on other topics to :thumbsup:

16mm is close to 5/8"
3/4" is as tall as risers can be when combined with Heli-bars, so you're good.
Or a 1.5" riser by itself(no Heli-bars).
You will need to remove a cable clamp.
Look in front of the gas tank on the frame, on the throttle side.
You'll see the clamp, and it's held in by one hex head bolt, 10mm head.
Just take the clamp off and put the bolt back, you'll never notice it gone.

16mm is close to 5/8"
3/4" is as tall as risers can be when combined with Heli-bars, so you're good.
Or a 1.5" riser by itself(no Heli-bars).
You will need to remove a cable clamp.
Look in front of the gas tank on the frame, on the throttle side.
You'll see the clamp, and it's held in by one hex head bolt, 10mm head.
Just take the clamp off and put the bolt back, you'll never notice it gone.

Thanks sixpack :thumbsup:

I had 1" Soupy's risers and helibars with all the slack pulled out of lines as Sixpack described and they worked, barely. I went +3" on all lines when I replaced them.

I had 1" Soupy's risers and helibars with all the slack pulled out of lines as Sixpack described and they worked, barely. I went +3" on all lines when I replaced them.

Didn't the clutch and brake master cylinders hit the inside of the windshield at full turn on both sides?
With the .75" risers(and Heli-bars) the MC's had about a .005" of clearance fromm touching the inner windshield(about the thickness of a sheet of paper).

Didn't the clutch and brake master cylinders hit the inside of the windshield at full turn on both sides?
With the .75" risers(and Heli-bars) the MC's had about a .005" of clearance fromm touching the inner windshield(about the thickness of a sheet of paper).

Not on mine as I always rotate mine forward so that I don't have to reach up and over the brake and clutch levers. If they were in the factory position, yes they would hit the wind screen.

That's strange.
My levers/mc's were/always are pretty low too, so I don't have to reach up for them either.
You and one other member in the past have had no problem with Heli-bars and the 1" risers.
Myself and many others have all agreed that .75" risers with Heli-bars is as high as you can go for inside windshield clearance.
I don't doubt your word.
I wonder if there is some slight differences between all the stock windshields?
Given the factory fit of the fairings I've seen on many gen2's, I wouldn't doubt that high and low ends of factory QC clearances could end up giving some bikes a little extra clearance.:beerchug:

Back