GSXR1K gone in Japan and Europe

maybe hot rodders from the early 70s felt the same when the big 3 started killing hp and or discontinuing their favorite models
Kind of like the days when the last big crunch came along and killed off all the muscle cars with anti-smog requirements.

And the awful, pitiful excuse for an auto industry that occurred after that in the late '70s and '80s.....

We had a fleet of GM crew cabs with 454 engines in them....they were so neutered that they couldn't get out of their own way....and the entire engine bay was filled with hoses and smog pumps...

Anyone remember how bad the Mustang became for a while or that pathetic excuse for a Charger that came out mid '80s....?

Crappy charger.jpg

crappy mustang.jpg

truth is in UK and Europe demand is falling - many ageing racers who bought these bikes in their 20s and 30s can't deal with the bike position now in their 50s and 60s

if demand was there Euro5 could be on the cards, how many of the masses can afford upwards of £20,000 for an occasional weekend weapon

in the opposite directions naked bikes and GS style adventure bikes have rocketed

sad to see it go - but it was inevitable

truth is in UK and Europe demand is falling - many ageing racers who bought these bikes in their 20s and 30s can't deal with the bike position now in their 50s and 60s

if demand was there Euro5 could be on the cards, how many of the masses can afford upwards of £20,000 for an occasional weekend weapon

in the opposite directions naked bikes and GS style adventure bikes have rocketed

sad to see it go - but it was inevitable
I'm thinking it's more the Euro-trash restrictions that are killing it off.

This bike is specifically a street/track dominating bike and I think Suzuki is having a real hard time trying to keep it on top when facing Euro 5 restrictions....its sales are slipping because it isn't number one anymore-and add to this stupid insurance costs..

Other liter bikes seem to be flourishing so there definitely is a market...good thing North American exists so there still is a market here.

I can read those 3 works but they don’t make any sense…. LOL

View attachment 1657064
Although I only had up to 7 bikes at once, it was overwhelming at times to watch some of them sit for long periods of time. I made a tough decision to reduce down to one....

I just couldn't maintain and ride them all so off they went one by one....I knew I underpriced a few of them just by the way buyers jumped at them.

I did know a guy who had over 150 bikes all stuffed into a large storage building, it was mind blowing to go in there and look around at these bikes covered in an inch of dust.

He was a Suzuki nut too and had some real beauties, XN85, RG250 and 500, original Katanas in 1100, 750, 650 and 550. I don't know where he got them but he had some old MotoGP Suzukis....he had water buffaloes, GT 550s and a whole bunch more...he never sold anything and when he died, according to my older brother who lives in the same neck of the woods, the whole kit and kaboodle disappeared.

I wish sometimes I kept my old '85 Gixxer.....
Although I only had up to 7 bikes at once, it was overwhelming at times to watch some of them sit for long periods of time. I made a tough decision to reduce down to one....

I just couldn't maintain and ride them all so off they went one by one....I knew I underpriced a few of them just by the way buyers jumped at them.

I did know a guy who had over 150 bikes all stuffed into a large storage building, it was mind blowing to go in there and look around at these bikes covered in an inch of dust.

He was a Suzuki nut too and had some real beauties, XN85, RG250 and 500, original Katanas in 1100, 750, 650 and 550. I don't know where he got them but he had some old MotoGP Suzukis....he had water buffaloes, GT 550s and a whole bunch more...he never sold anything and when he died, according to my older brother who lives in the same neck of the woods, the whole kit and kaboodle disappeared.
I’m slowly collecting parts to put another GSXR together.
Most folk think of the 85 750 as being the first followed by the 86 1100 but before either of those there was a 1984 GSXR400 which is the original. I’m slowly building one up.

A mate locally has a fair collection, including an original R7 still in the crate.

I'm thinking it's more the Euro-trash restrictions that are killing it off.

This bike is specifically a street/track dominating bike and I think Suzuki is having a real hard time trying to keep it on top when facing Euro 5 restrictions....its sales are slipping because it isn't number one anymore-and add to this stupid insurance costs..

Other liter bikes seem to be flourishing so there definitely is a market...good thing North American exists so there still is a market here.
i thought the variable cam timing ball bearing device would have helped
but obviously not

thats why BMWS1000RR had the shift cam set up , more mid range power and less emissions

i think the US consumer must have more available cash -plus prices are always lower over the pond

Wasn't it a thing for a time to shove a 1000 mill into a 750 frame?

When I moved to LA in '90 these things were everywhere. I was just starting out and had zero cash. But when some young buck rolled thru traffic with his sweet young (usually Spandex wearing) babe on the back, well, life was pretty good.

Back