Got my insurance check today!

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
Okay, finally got the claims adjuster into the shop today and he cut me a check for the estimated damages.

After a closer inspection, it appears that I don't need to get a new swingarm, although, I still need to get it back, get all the corrosion off and inspect it, but al the acid damage appears after second glance only superficial.

So, after speaking with one of the sponsors, I can probably get all my body damage repaired for about $1400 shipped, if I do my own labor, and seeming it's all body peices, it should be cake.

As for the rest .... I would like suggestions on how you would best spend the cash.

So far, I've had to buy another battery, and I opted for a new chain, because I have no idea what the acid may have done to the old one.

I purchased a DID X-Ring, and am having the shop install it for me. Not that I'm not technical, I just want to make sure it's done correctly seeming the chain is one of the most important peices of equipment on the bike. Also I hear it's the best chain money can buy.

Besides, I think I owe it to them that they get a "little" profit from the deal, seeming I'm doing almost all of my replacment parts 3rd party.

Now on to what I think I may replace things with, I'm going to buy the bodyparts, magnitor cover etc, stock.

Thinking of getting a HMF highmount, carbon can system. (are these easy to install, and do I need blockoff plates? or is that only for 4-2-1 systems?

Also I'm think ing of getting a ZG-DB screen, some carbon fiber f-1 style mirrors, an alarm, some kevlar brake lines, and after market rotors, new tyres, blueguages, a gear indicator, a throttle miester (already have a throttle rocker), tobin seat, a rear set, and yes, frame sliders! I was thinking of those "no cut" ones, but they look pricey.

Any other suggestions?

I'm including my quote so you can see what money, and what damage I have where:

Magnito cover: $65
Magnit Gasket: $8
Exhaust Pipes: $243 ---> HMF Hghmounts, or akrovaric ..
Exhaust Can: $385
Front Bracket? $82 (I think these have to do witrh the foot pegs.)
Front Footer Bar? $32(ditto)
Mirror: $82 --->
(not sure about these, seem expensive, I've got to find some cheeper)
Windscreen: $136 ----> Zero Gravity Double Bubble
Swingarm: $1300
comp cover? $381 <---- Comp Cover?
Frame Cover? $388 <--- Is the the left faring?
Under Cowel Assembly: $595 <---- Is this the front faring?
Cluch Cylinder: $152 <---ebay, about $10-$30

6hours 45 minutes labor at $65/hour

I think the EK530ZVX is a little better one but they are both awesome chains.

No the HMF high mount system is not easy to install and you should do the pair removal/block off if you do it. You should also do a PCIIIR power commander as well or you may have a hard time getting the performance out of the system and keep it running smoothly.
smile.gif

Sorry one more thing. Budget some money for the premium increases you will now see as a result of your claim.
wink.gif

Put aside $20 for a baseball bat to pay back the guy who backed into you and caused all the aggravation in the first place...
smile.gif

Get a CF hugger and front fender. How about a Motorhead undertail with LEDs? That ought to sexy it up just right!

Back