Gonna go serious on yer ass's for a minute...

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Lets maybe put this thread at the top,a sticky,a friendly warning if you will. Its been put out there before. Hayabusa...first bike. Blah blah blah.
Times have changed and moved on. Now any BOZO can buy and jump on a turbo,extened arm,fat tire,lowered,hi performance stereo and go rock.
Lets hope he doesn't hit one.

Lets keep it short and sweet. My bike. Stretched,turbo'd,fat tire,blah blah blah.

It handles like shi7. Other day,my big fat tire caught a groove...not a good one either...
just about put me on the sidewalk.

Friendly warnings...

Keep the RSD.

I think people don't realize that all of these mods have a reason and are more than just aesthetic statements. That's how so many modified Busas become trailer queens or classified adds. People take a fun bike and mod it into such a specific niche bike that's now a finicky, difficult playmate.

Extreme extensions are probably safer on the drag strip, not so much on the road. There, yeah I said it.

Keep this thread real Rubb!!!! Lol. Bikes are getting faster and faster these days. No matter who you are, if you don’t the respect the ride, enjoy the pain. Most of us have been around long enough and have enough miles under our arse to understand this, now matter how we build them. But newer people, think a turbo bike or liter bike sounds awesome and have no clue how to control it. I for one will never use 100 percent of what my bike can do, but I will build it to my liking. I do however respect the pain and am always looking for it.

The insurance companies will keep this in check, younger people can't afford to ride most sport bikes. I'm afraid if the insurance companies gain any more power, we could all be in trouble.

There was recently a case where a person was in an accident and when the insurance adjuster inspected the wreck, he noted several illegal mods. The insurance company wouldn't cover him.

The first thing the insurance company asked me was if my bike was modified, I told them what the mods were and they weren't going to give me insurance...it took a long, long conversation to convince them.

(...)There was recently a case where a person was in an accident and when the insurance adjuster inspected the wreck, he noted several illegal mods. The insurance company wouldn't cover him.(...)

this behavior i think you will meet anywhere on earth - illegal mods - no covering by insurance

(...)The first thing the insurance company asked me was if my bike was modified, I told them what the mods were and they weren't going to give me insurance...it took a long, long conversation to convince them.

that question you´ll never hear here in germany, because all tech. , security related changes / mods must be noted in the title.
for this we have in germany some testing organizations where engineers check all technical changes / mods and if possible sign them up, so enter them in the title.
by that (big paperwork) the bike is street legal and no one would ask again for mods of that noting time.
if you after a while add some other mods you will have again a similar big paperwork.

but
the great thing about it is that there is an existing protection.
even in 30 years or so you will get this single vehicle further - query free - approved for the road.

and this approval is valid throughout Europe.
isn´t that nice ?
no stress where ever you go.

this behavior i think you will meet anywhere on earth - illegal mods - no covering by insurance

that question you´ll never hear here in germany, because all tech. , security related changes / mods must be noted in the title.
for this we have in germany some testing organizations where engineers check all technical changes / mods and if possible sign them up, so enter them in the title.
by that (big paperwork) the bike is street legal and no one would ask again for mods of that noting time.
if you after a while add some other mods you will have again a similar big paperwork.

but
the great thing about it is that there is an existing protection.
even in 30 years or so you will get this single vehicle further - query free - approved for the road.

and this approval is valid throughout Europe.
isn´t that nice ?
no stress where ever you go.
What's the fun in that?

Insurance??
What the ?
I have never had insurance on my bikes. . .
My insurance is to ride as smoothly and safely as I can, I never park it where I can’t watch it, and I ride it like I care about it.
Here in NZ insurance is NOT compulsory, it’s optional, if I did insure my Busa it would be around $1000. Oh and then you need it to be registered and warranted, another $700.
Why bother?

Insurance??
What the ?
I have never had insurance on my bikes. . .
My insurance is to ride as smoothly and safely as I can, I never park it where I can’t watch it, and I ride it like I care about it.
Here in NZ insurance is NOT compulsory, it’s optional, if I did insure my Busa it would be around $1000. Oh and then you need it to be registered and warranted, another $700.
Why bother?
Not here, you can't get a plate or stickers without insurance and to drive without it is a good sized fine...to get in any sort of an accident without it is a much larger sized fine plus lawsuits etc......

Though required here in iowa, you dont need for plates etc. The problem comes when ya get pulled over or wreck. Its a 575 dollar fine. Then of course the disaster of paying out of pocket for everything.

I paid 1700.oo for insurance this year. Fuggin ouch. Thats with a 43% discount cause I'm such a responsible rider...hehehe. I get theft,collision,fire,vandalism,comprehensive...if someone looks at it the wrong way I call my insurance agent...open a claim for mental stress.

Insurance company can Rubb me.

Of course,that costs extra.

They did offer free vasoline thou....:moon: and a Harley calendar. I used that to start the fireplace.:cool:

Rubb.

So Flo...dont abuse it.

Dont HayaBUSE it. :cool:

*wink* *wink* nudge nudge...say no more.

Say no more.

Rub.

Back