Global Warming

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
With all the snow in bizarre places, people are griping that there is no global warming. Indeed, people are complaining about the beginnings of the next ice age being well underway.

Politics to be set aside because the only debates at hand are, Does mankind have the wherewithal to cause global warming and are we causing global warming? That discussion belongs elsewhere.

What interests me a great deal is the science of global warming. Bear with me here, but the consensus is that if we have a lot of excess snow and cold, it's a sign of global warming.

Here's how it works, as I understand it.

The gulf stream works the way it does because of the differential in temperature between the water in the gulf stream and the water in the northern climates. As a result of it's motion, warmer water is carried up into the northern climates and keeps the area from freezing it's proverbial cajones completely off.

As the globe warms, however, the gulf stream cannot circulate as quickly because the differential between it's temperature and the surrounding water temperature has been reduced. The gulf stream flows more slowly and therefore, less warmth is carried into the northern parts of the world which, in turn, get colder.

And snowier.

Clear as mud? I thought so! Regardless, snow is a sign of global warming. Or so I've heard.

:D :D

--Wag--

:laugh: Yeah, snow and -10F is a sign of an Up Coming Warming Trend ! Well I agree, I got alot warmer when I got back into my house :rofl:

wag, I'm with you. it;s the side affects I'd heard about also. seemingly opposite but no not really. Thing is, we've had very cold and very snowy winters in the past 40 years too, but back then, we just road with it and assumed life was random. NOW, we have to explain everything and usually look for the WORST in it. "The sky is falling!" you don't see birds, bees or cows fretting about global warming :)

we should all just quit trying to control everything and learn to enjoy life instead

WWJD, that would be really nice. Although I'm an 80's baby, even life then was a lot more pleasant or at least the way I remembered it.

Earth is going to continue its yearly cycles. Other then the humidity, Florida's weather has been pretty much the same as far as I can tell ??? Can't really comment on the whole global warming thing. All I know is what I see on t.v which is the usual ice melting deal and in turn causing the earth to absorb more sunlight which in turn of course makes things hotter.

Actually the fresh water that melts into the ocean cause more like to be reflected away from the Earth. That's what happens before an ice age starts. That has happened about every 35,00 years. We didn't cause global warming, but we may have sped up the cycle a few years.

Yeah Pretty sure that the 12" of snow out front and the steady stream of White stuff falling from the sky is a pretty clear indication of Global warming allready in effect. This is pretty much what the experts have been predicting.

Snow out here in the Northwest is a real mess though. The folks here on the wet side are NOT, NOT the rugged outdoorsy types they claim to be. Add a little of the white stuff and it's 4X4 in the ditch time, and folks squealing for the Government to help them with their slippery roads...

Bummer here for me is that I don't own a snow shovel, just haven't needed one till now...

So yeah, Global warming.

IMG_4543-f.jpg

IMG_4544-f.jpg

Rush told me it's all wrong and the govt. wont admit it now. The earth has been warming up and cooling down for years. There is nothing out of the normal with the earth. Live long Humanity:beerchug:

Yea thats pretty much the way I see it. Weather people on t.v keep track of temperature readings every year and are always comparing weather to see if we are average, below or above it. Nothing out of the norm here.

Back in the 60's, the big furor was over global cooling. The fact is, the cycle would never have switched over in this short of a period of time, no matter what, no matter what man has done... Nothing. Nothing short of a global cataclysmic event could have caused global warming OR cooling. Massive volcano, major meteor impact, nuclear war. None of that has happened sooooooo.

WWJD is right on target on this one.

--Wag--

Back