Gen2 Busa upgrades

gcheck

Registered
Am upgrading my 08 Busa.......getting a Vance & Hines header + the ECU reflashed. Already have a set of Two Bros slipons, a Two Bros juicebox, a BMC race air filter, 45-tooth JT rear sprocket, Factory Pro v-stacks, and a Healtech X-TRE. Does this sound like a good overall setup? Any suggestions from you seasoned Gen 2 mod buffs out there would be greatly appreciated!!

All but the TRE, do a search, consensus is that they are junk.
The stacks are also heavily debated, for price vs little if any power gain.:beerchug:

Let us know on the V & H exhaust. I am interested in that but have not seen any dyno results on them by anyone on here. Pictures too.

Let us know on the V & H exhaust. I am interested in that but have not seen any dyno results on them by anyone on here. Pictures too.

There have been 2 bikes on here with it tuned by Johnny Cheese.
One was a white gen2 with black M4 retro mufflers. The other was a black gen2, but I can't remeber which mufflers(I'm thinking R77s).
Both made good numbers like most full systems.

Get rid of tre and what's a 'juicebox'?
And are are reflashing ecu on a dyno or not? Best case is have it flashed while on dyno.

Get rid of tre and what's a 'juicebox'?
And are are reflashing ecu on a dyno or not? Best case is have it flashed while on dyno.

No dyno needed just to turn off restrictions.
Juicebox is another fuel management unit, similiar to a power commander.:beerchug:

Is your suspension already set up for your weight and riding "style?" Still running the stock brakes? Got good riding gear?

1st post! Welcome to the org!!

You're asking advice on what mods to do, I'd also encourage you to improve your brakes if you're willing to lay down that kind of coin for some more horsepower.

Set the bike up for how you want to ride it: sport-touring, speed runs, horsepower, handling, comfort... pick one of those and go that direction. :bowdown:

6753492369_3f19478b2c_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No dyno needed just to turn off restrictions.
Juicebox is another fuel management unit, similiar to a power commander.:beerchug:

I belive the juicebox is more limited, not sure if you can even map it.

I went from a Brocks streetsmart system to the V&H 4-2-1 sidewinder and ended up running the same map which gave me the same 1/4 mile performance.

I belive the juicebox is more limited, not sure if you can even map it.

I went from a Brocks streetsmart system to the V&H 4-2-1 sidewinder and ended up running the same map which gave me the same 1/4 mile performance.

I have no experience with the juicebox.
Blanca didn't know what it was, so I was just giving him the basics.:beerchug:

Am upgrading my 08 Busa.......getting a Vance & Hines header + the ECU reflashed. Already have a set of Two Bros slipons, a Two Bros juicebox, a BMC race air filter, 45-tooth JT rear sprocket, Factory Pro v-stacks, and a Healtech X-TRE. Does this sound like a good overall setup? Any suggestions from you seasoned Gen 2 mod buffs out there would be greatly appreciated!!

If you are having the ECU flashed, no reason to even buy a juicebox or waste money on it (junk IMO). I would also not waste money on the Factory Pro v-stacks, get two OEM GSXR1K short stacks and you'll get the same thing for pennies instead of hundreds. Also, no reason to buy a X-TRE when you are having the ECU re-flashed.

Juice box $250
XTRE $130
Factory Pro $230

Save the $600 for something else IMO... :beerchug:

If you are having the ECU flashed, no reason to even buy a juicebox or waste money on it (junk IMO). I would also not waste money on the Factory Pro v-stacks, get two OEM GSXR1K short stacks and you'll get the same thing for pennies instead of hundreds. Also, no reason to buy a X-TRE when you are having the ECU re-flashed.

Juice box $250
XTRE $130
Factory Pro $230

Save the $600 for something else IMO.
.. :beerchug:

Yes! Like Better pads,SS lines and sliders!

:welcome:

Back