Gen 1 Hayabusa valve cover gasket.

Apollonick

Registered
So I have a quick question I couldn't get a answer too. I'm doing a valve cover gasket on a gen 1 and have everything taken apart air box throttles etc but the gasket seems to be rtv or sealed to the case where the thick nubs are. I was told with OEM gasket you wouldn't have to do it so is the gasket on it now aftermarket or should I rtv the OEM new gasket I will be putting on.

@Apollonick

whenever u wanna replace the seal buy the orig. one from suzuki.

all other may be 10 bucks cheaper but the danger to do that shitty job again because the bit cheaper seal doesn´t work correctly, is huge.

the extra sealing with silicone or so in the corners of the "ears" (thick nubs?) of the seal is recommended if it is a bit older, if it is new you can! do without it.

but if you still want to seal (at a new seal), then really only a tiny little drop exactly in the 8 corners,
too much can! cause the silicone to be partially pressed into the engine and residues may! clog an oil duct somewhere, which can! then lead to damage.

@Apollonick

whenever u wanna replace the seal buy the orig. one from suzuki.

all other may be 10 bucks cheaper but the danger to do that shitty job again because the bit cheaper seal doesn´t work correctly, is huge.

the extra sealing with silicone or so in the corners of the "ears" (thick nubs?) of the seal is recommended if it is a bit older, if it is new you can! do without it.

but if you still want to seal (at a new seal), then really only a tiny little drop exactly in the 8 corners,
too much can! cause the silicone to be partially pressed into the engine and residues may! clog an oil duct somewhere, which can! then lead to damage.
Thanks again I asked because the previous had it sealed only at the cam ends where it gets thicker. I applied a small amount of black gasket maker on the cam ends for extra insurance. Also the bike is a lot cleaner then last time you told me it looked like a flour bag was dumped inside lol it had been sitting outside in southwest desert USA for more then a few weeks.

Also all OEM gaskets were used by Suzuki valve cover coil pack and bolt hole gaskets. Was worth the 100 bucks.

Back