Garmin 550

gloryboys

Donating Member
Registered
So guys and girls need some info please. I was rerouting the power cable for my garmin and started looking at the other ports it's got on the bike housing unit, so my question is what else can your Garmin do power whatever from the ports. One is a microphone another is audio and then there is the mini usb port.
Thanks in advance folks.

Mini usb is for connecting to a laptop or computer. If you have used the usb port on the bottom, under the flip down door, it is just an extension of that port. Enables you access while it is in the cradle. If you use mapsource or want to transfer files. MP3, pictures, routes, maps, way points, upgrade maps online or anything else you would do when linked to a computer.

Mini usb is for connecting to a laptop or computer. If you have used the usb port on the bottom, under the flip down door, it is just an extension of that port. Enables you access while it is in the cradle. If you use mapsource or want to transfer files. MP3, pictures, routes, maps, way points, upgrade maps online or anything else you would do when linked to a computer.

Thanks Steve, wasn't sure if it could be used for anything else. Don't suppose you've used the other bits for stuff have you?

Mine is linked to an autocom. I use the GPS, Mp3, phone and an icom uhf radio for bike to bike communications. It is the best system I have found to link all of them together to hear and talk at any speed. If you ever use a GPS on a bike, having turn by turn audio in your helmet is a must. I have navigated all over the country with it. Where it payed off the most is heavy traffic with multi lanes. In Washington DC it got me every where I wanted to go.
If you have ever tried to navigate around that place, you understand how difficult it is.

sent from my bag phone

Again thanks Steve, I've got Autocom on mine as well but it went on the fritz awhile back and it's looking like I might need to replace it.

You got any pics please of you set up I could look at. I've never tried Washington London is bad enough lol.

Just want to see how others have set up their systems, although looking at having to replace my black box it stopped working properly.

Back