For the gym rats....annoying gym habits

diesel

Registered
From a lot of past threads I see many of you work out. I can't quite bench 400 like most here, but I do love to lift. What drives you crazy at the gym......

the guy working out with dumbells taking up the whole dumbell rack?

The guy spending 40 minutes on a bench or machine while he chats or talks on the cell phone?

or is the the naked old men in the bathroom who have to shave and brush their teeth and can't wear a towel at least?

How about not returning the Dumbells so u go to use them and find one of them but the other is MIA and the next day u go back and its there. Or someone that leaves 315 on the squat bar like yea thanks let me stripp the weight for ya haha. 315 a little heavy for a warm up sey ya know.

yes...thats the worst. I hate people not putting back their weights. I actually yell at people for it even thought i dont own the gym.

You got those naked old men at your gym too Diesel ? They must just roam from gym to gym all day !
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah , What drives me crazy at the gym ? The lions always are a pain . The lions are the guys that roar at the top of their lungs with each and every rep ! I think they make all that noise for attention but the sad thing is that most of them don't lift enough to be showing off anyway !

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

What about the kids on the Cardio Machines
rock.gif
mad.gif

We call those guys Mr. Fitness, he comes to the gym Jan 1st through Mar or Apr 1st.
laugh.gif

You got those naked old men at your gym too Diesel ? They must just roam from gym to gym all day !  
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah , What drives me crazy at the gym ?                    The lions always are a pain . The lions are the guys that roar at the top of their lungs with each and every rep ! I think they make all that noise for attention but the sad thing is that most of them don't lift enough to be showing off anyway !  

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
+1 on both!

laugh.gif

What about the kids on the Cardio Machines
rock.gif
mad.gif

We call those guys Mr. Fitness, he comes to the gym Jan 1st through Mar or Apr 1st.
laugh.gif
Yeah, the New Year's resolution folks are the ones that kill me. They last for a month or so, didn't make any real progress and never come back.

-and the short , tight shorts went out in the 70's, ok? I don't need to see some dude teabaggin' everytime he squats down ! The American flag or tiger stripe baggy pants, too.

For me... I don’t go to a gym (unless I am on travel) I have been able to turn my garage into a gym. two racks of dumbbells, squat rack blah blah blah..

a few of the reasons I did this are as follows:

a) really screws up my workout schedule when I am having to wait to get on equipment, and to add insult to injury, lots of "weight lifters" stand around hogging equipment as they discuss how big and bad they are, or talking about Suzie Rotten Crotch..

b) it is disgusting to see someone pouring sweat all over equipment then when they are done they walk away and don’t wipe it down.

c) It really irritates me when you go into a gym and people are there working out but yet they are too friggen lazy to put dumbbells back in the correct spot..

btw Diesel – I have never benched 400, the most of I have EVER benched in my entire life is 330 for I think it was 3 reps, with a spotter, and the last rep was a beyotch for me
biggrin.gif

yes...thats the worst. I hate people not putting back their weights. I actually yell at people for it even thought i dont own the gym.
Or leaving the weights, spilling chalk (as in throwing it at each other) and leaving their towels on the floor and then just walk off for someone else to clean up their mess
mad.gif

I always have to laugh at people who load massive amounts of weights to squat and only squat down 2 or 3 inches like they are really doing something! Have seen this same thing on leg presses too.

I am also amused at those doing movements with total disregard to form (bench press with their butt 6 inches up off the bench, I guess that really qualifies as a decline press, or practically bending over backwards as they sling the dumbell up to their shoulder performing what they think is a curl).

As already mentioned above, I hate it when people are too lazy to rack their weights or whipe their sweat off of the equipment.

I hate when I am naked shaving and brushing my teeth and all these guys look at my massive member like they've never seen one. I mean cum'on haven't yall ever been in the service...
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Actually,
The major problem at our gym on base is the smelly, wreeking, three days unshowered Bulgarian gate guards. The whole place shuts down when they walk in and hit the squat rack to air out all their glory. The staff is a little slow to respond to that condition since we get a new crew every few months. Second worst is the fact that they usually kick box on the Boxing bags and fug them up real quick. I work the speedbag like there is no tommorrow but I have never broken one. Makes me wonder what the fug they do to bust it. Third, the guys that want to work into my Jumprope routine like they have never seen it before and just have to do it right now. Same goes for the speedbag and the heavy bag...

1. Others resting about 3+ minutes between sets on equipment...that's when I interject and just start working w/ em' between sets.

2. 3-5 guys rotating sets using one piece of equipment for like 20 minutes.

3. Not cleaning your slime off the equip.

4. Not putting your weights away.

5. The people who have horrible form, no isolation movement, throw weights and grunt like Martina Hingas just make me shake my head and laugh.

What about when your waiting to use a piece of equipment and the person in front of you who was already there 15 minutes & almost finished; lets his buddies join in at the last second for there workout! AGHHHHHhhhhh

Or

Your alternating sets between a couple pieces of equipment and someone trys to slip in...

Come on. No one has the people doing the powerwalk with their hands waving everywhere or walking backwards on the treadmill?

the dudes who pile all the weight on the bar so their "spotter" is actually doing 2/3 the lift for them?

How about the Gotti kids look -a -likes with the wife beater, spiked hair, baggy jeans, blinged out jewelry OUTSIDE their shirt that come to talk on the cell phone and walk around so everyone knows how wasted they got last night and how many asses they kicked.

Thrasher....come on! You know the rules of posting your bench....
Actual pounds to the 3rd power multiplied by pie.

sad.gif
I used to go the gym At Offutt, Real nice facility. Nice thing was it was always empty, Air Force too lazy to really get sweaty.

NOW, ESPECIALLY AFTER THIS THREAD? I'll stick to the Bow Flex and Treadmill/stationary bike... I saw the bike the other day, finally got it un-buried from our last move...

Bowflex is right in the line of sight, so every time I think of ignoring it, I am confronted by it... It's unavoidable, So away ya go.

But I think I'll maintain my boycott of Gyms.

Other peoples Sweat and A55 on the equipment? I don't want to deal with that...
laugh.gif

AS for bench press? I used to allways be abl eto bench my weight, that was good enough 195-200 lbs 5-8 reps two to three sets maybe. But since the shoulder got all jacked up while active, it's on a list of DO NOTS... No Mil Press, Pull Ups, or Bench. Leaves me with what? ROWING??? Curls, Shrugs??? Sheesh...

hey Rev-shrugs really help with pencil necks, you know!
tounge.gif

ahh, j/k...havent been in the gym myself for over four months, with bike wrecks and photo shoots and fixing my bike, oh yeah and getn married n stuff...but when I DO go, the major pet peeve for me isnt even the old guys walking around sans-clothing anymore-my favorite gym has been steadily taking on new members of "that" orientation, and uhhhh...they do the shave n hair-gel thing like its no biggy, and stare at me like a freak for walking around with a towel on??!! ewwww...on second thought, hey Rev-you might really like that gym
laugh.gif

they have special parking for Mazdas in the "pettite parking" section...just look for the thin pink painted stripes
biggrin.gif

+1 on the old dudes, I was just thinkin about that today. I usually go during lunch and the boss lets me slide for 1-2 hrs for a good workout so it's usually not that busy, just the local high school athletes getting ready for the upcoming sports.

But what irritates me the most are the people that will continue their bench workout on the incline bench when they're doing flat bench exercises and i need the incline, i approach them and politely say, "are you still using this bench, to which they reply yes, well could I trade you benches? No, I like this one. Cool well let me wrap around your neck and you can take it home with you if you like it so much!"

Or the guy that decides to superset and feels inclined to unload all of the dumbells around his bench and does like 5 reps and keeps changing weights as soon as he sets one doen.
mad.gif

Back