Factory decal question.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I can usually figure out why the manufacturer might do something on a vehicle but this has me stumped.

Why does Suzuki have the decals on top of the paint everywhere but the tank? I mean, they clear over the tank stickers but nowhere else. Maybe it's a metal thing and the stickers are affected if put over the clear on the gas tank.

This confuses GMbusa.

I think i figured it out. Manufacturers build vehicles to perform and last under all types of owners. I figured there's probly some people that fill their tanks, spill alittle fuel and don't clean it up. That would eat the glue/sticker and cause a decal failure.

That is my theory.

How you could let raw fuel just sit on your paint is another thing.
rolleyes_extreme.gif

(GMbusa @ Mar. 13 2007,15:30) I can usually figure out why the manufacturer might do something on a vehicle but this has me stumped.

Why does Suzuki  have the decals on top of the paint everywhere but the tank?   I mean, they clear over the tank stickers but nowhere else. Maybe it's a metal thing and the stickers are affected if put over the clear on the gas tank.

This confuses GMbusa.
What year is it?? Mine wasn't like that is why I ask

All tank decals are under the clear, I assume he isnt talking about the "S" but the stripe.

Right Paul?

I like your gas theory.

Yeah, i'm refering to the decal graphic, not the suzuki logo.

Darn, there goes my theory. If Suzuki puts the newer "S" 's over the clear, why not the rest? It would make painting and/or removing them for a cleaner look alot easier.

Not sure why, but the gas theory makes sense. It's not just Busa's most tank decals are under the clear and the rest aren't.

The Kanji's are on top. Feel free to remove if desired, though i'll give you a heads up. The bike needs them. IMO it just looks too plain otherwise.

Back